January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I

Overall it's been an excellent window, good job Lambert and Fox.

Yeah they proved it against Arsenal????????

The player have to take some of the blame too, with the two new additions plus Delph signing on. I'm sure things will start improve.

plus this was an arsenal team who are probably the best in the league at the moment !!

To be honest I don't think Aston VIlla should ever lose to 5-0 to anyone.

Well, your pal Lambert has overseen a fair number of big losses now.

You best have a word with him.

He's not my pal, I've never even met him.

• Like 3

So glad we didn't waste millions on Lambert. Let him earn his money at Liverpool instead. One season wonder in the top flight. See also Holt, Grant.

Regardless of the final day nonsense overall it's the best January transfer window for Villa since 2007. Shame we didn't transfer the manager as well.

• Like 2

Tim Cahill ✔ @Tim_Cahill

Follow

I will be making an announcement today at 1030am Aussie time regarding my playing future. Thank you for all the kind messages. #TimCahill

Talk is he's going to china for a big pay day

• Like 1

If he was joining anyone of any note it would be the club making the announcement and not Tim himself.

china it seems.. Everton and Moyes at Real want him though. Edited by KSV

why is there no talk of any of the deadwood being sold?

problem is, we havent had a first team this big for years, its just full of average rubbish, all depth, no quality

Because why would anyone buy Villa's deadwood? Nzogbia and Bent will go at  the end of the season- that should slash millions off the wage bill. Could fund a new contract for Vlaar for example.

• Like 1

If he was joining anyone of any note it would be the club making the announcement and not Tim himself.

Yeah and he is useless now as well.

I'm not trying to run him down, he's been a good player over the years, just think his time is up. But good look to him with whatever he does next.

Edited by useless

Yeah and he is useless now as well.

I'm not trying to run him down, he's been a good player over the years, just think his time is up. But good look to him with whatever he does next.

Exactly, was a very good player but as you say his time has been up for a while

• Like 1

We may not have bought anyone today, but with Delph re-signing, and bringing in Gil, who looks good, and Sinclair, who looked better than I thought he would be in his short appearance, I think it has been a good window. Now we just have to hope we have enough to stay up. 

Yeah it was a great window for us to be fair. Just seems shit cause we still have a manager who has no idea how to get the best out of them.

• Like 1

It feels like after the Arsenal game we panicked and tried to buy a striker and failed.

As people on here have stated I don't get why with such a large squad so many decent players are playing so badly. 

Benteke - toothless
Gabby - headless

Kozak - legless

Weimann - feckless (actually he's been the best of a bad bunch)
Zog - clueless (but not really a striker either)

And not a single player at any level to come in to challenge them, Burke, Robinson, Grealish all not considered ready or good enough. Bent offloaded, the great Bowery gone. It makes you think doesn't it? Our front three have been awful since last season, Kozak has been injured since last season, Benteke has been out for long spells, so why have we waited till now to take a punt on someone like Lambert?

• Like 2