January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

We seem to have a random 5-7 million in the bank and thankfully it hasn't been wasted on cleverley or lambert, the striker. Hopefully this will be spent in the summer to correctly strengthen the squad.

You mean it will be used to replace all our star players once we've been relegated. 

We've an awful habit of putting in these last minute big money bids after a month of saying we cant afford any more signings, don't we? Dempsey, Cleverley, Lambert... I'm sure there are more, too.

Surely a sensible person would think that, should the money be there at 6pm on deadline day, it was there at 9am the day the window opened? Unless of course the money was never there at all?

• Like 2

We've an awful habit of putting in these last minute big money bids after a month of saying we cant afford any more signings, don't we? Dempsey, Cleverley, Lambert... I'm sure there are more, too.

Surely a sensible person would think that, should the money be there at 6pm on deadline day, it was there at 9am the day the window opened? Unless of course the money was never there at all?

It's amazing what a 5-0 loss can do to your perspective of the balance sheet.

• Like 1

It's amazing what a 5-0 loss can do to your perspective of the balance sheet.

The cynic in me has thought a lot about this today, a bid so late in the day for a player who playing (agreed rarely) for his boyhood club at the tail end of his career. I know, I know...suggesting we knew we would fail but giving the perception that we were trying to sign players cannot be real but given we could've tried earlier, looked at other options, never had the money before, paying that for a guy that turns 33 in 2 weeks time, you can't help but be cynical sometimes...... Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

No wonder our club is a shambles,which is what   SGT once called us on taking over as Villa manager..You have scored just 11 goals in 23 matches all season ,so what do you do? Well if your Paul Lambert, first you decide to send your reserve/backup strikers,call them what you will out on loan for the rest of the season. Then you replace them with NOBODY. Thats right, let two go and bring none in. 

So ,on Saturday if a certain John Terry is able to wind up Benteke like he usually does and get him sent off,or we pick up one of those awful long term injuries we seem to pick up at Bodymoore ,we could be down to just two strikers who struggle to score and one recovering from a broken leg.You could'nt make it up!!!

Don't agree on Fletcher. He had barely kicked a ball in 5 years.

Gutted we didn't get Lambert, we really could have done with somebody like Benteke (who isn't Benteke) and it seems we came close. Fair play to the lad though, boyhood club etc. If our manager likes him and he seriously considered coming then I hope we go back for him in the summer (for less money hopefully!). He's a player I very much admire.

Wanted sacking not withstanding that is (evil grin)

• Like 1

I don't think that the club has taken the current situation seriously enough.

When we were struggling under Houllier they went out and bought Darren Bent who was a proven goalscorer. His contribution was probably the reason we stayed up that season.

This time around, they've bought Gil who is an unknown prospect who, to be fair to all, has hit the ground running. But, it's early days with him still and we don't know for sure that his performance level is what we've actually seen so far. If it was, why did he only play 8 games for Valencia?

We've also brought in Sinclair who has started something like 2 games in two seasons.

Are these dealings really enough to turn around a team who can't buy a goal right now? I'm not so sure. I hope I'm wrong though because we really do need these guys to make a difference to our team.

Not being funny, a couple of days ago we were all saying what s good window we have had. Gil, Sinclair and delph signing. One loss (albeit a bad one) against a top, top team and that's all gone. I myself will judge when we're playing the hulls and crystal palace of this world, not arsenal and probably Chelsea. Keep the faith, it will come

• Like 2

Not being funny, a couple of days ago we were all saying what s good window we have had. Gil, Sinclair and delph signing. One loss (albeit a bad one) against a top, top team and that's all gone. I myself will judge when we're playing the hulls and crystal palace of this world, not arsenal and probably Chelsea. Keep the faith, it will come

Paul?

Very true in one sense except it's manner we lost the Arsenal game. Another spineless no show with an overlay of pub team tactics. We have bought some good attacking options IMO but I have no faith in Lambert using them effectively.

Thats the problem, weve played palace twice, - we have hull away in weeks time

We didn't look great against Blackpool or Bournemouth......

Our performances remain flat - even if the quality of the opposition drops ......