January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Overall it's been an excellent window, good job Lambert and Fox.

To re-sign Delph and then get Gil and Sinclair then I'd say it has been an excellent transfer window. Especially when framed against most people's expectations.

• Like 4

Yeah they proved it against Arsenal????????

The player have to take some of the blame too, with the two new additions plus Delph signing on. I'm sure things will start improve.

plus this was an arsenal team who are probably the best in the league at the moment !!

• Like 1

I

The player have to take some of the blame too, with the two new additions plus Delph signing on. I'm sure things will start improve.

plus this was an arsenal team who are probably the best in the league at the moment !!

To be honest I don't think Aston VIlla should ever lose to 5-0 to anyone.

• Like 2

Well twitter seems to be full of drunk angry people unaware that we have already signed Gil and Sinclair.

Yes why do have to sign anybody on the final day anyway.
Some proper funny reactions in the #avfc tag. Just hilarious, people massively upset that we have dared to not sign anyone on the last day of the window. I mean HOW DARE WE?!?!?!!!!111one
We're mocking fans who are annoyed the club didn't strengthen while we drop like a stone? I don't get it.

Not really no, I'm disappointed we didn't get a striker and another AM. What I'm not doing is threatening to kill Paul Lambert's dog and make Lerner eat it because we didn't sign anyone else on the last day,

Fair enough, that's a little extreme.

thats burying your head in the sand, arsenal never got out of 1st gear, we were absolutely shambolic, arsenal could have had as many as they wanted, and if you do want to write off the arsenal game then how about the leicester game instead? the one where bottom of the league leicester could have beat us 3/4 nil if they had taken their sitters

Well twitter seems to be full of drunk angry people unaware that we have already signed Gil and Sinclair.

Yes why do have to sign anybody on the final day anyway.
Some proper funny reactions in the #avfc tag. Just hilarious, people massively upset that we have dared to not sign anyone on the last day of the window. I mean HOW DARE WE?!?!?!!!!111one
We're mocking fans who are annoyed the club didn't strengthen while we drop like a stone? I don't get it.

Not really no, I'm disappointed we didn't get a striker and another AM. What I'm not doing is threatening to kill Paul Lambert's dog and make Lerner eat it because we didn't sign anyone else on the last day,

Fair enough, that's a little extreme.

Ahah, I actually made that up to illustrate my point, but that's what some of them sound like...

Chris Martin

Banging them in at Derby.

We'd have to get the deal done at the speed of sound. A real race against the clocks. We'll have to wait and see it it ends up on Sky's yellow bar.

I'll get me coat.

Probably the only thing more shite than The Villa is Coldplay mate.

thats burying your head in the sand, arsenal never got out of 1st gear, we were absolutely shambolic, arsenal could have had as many as they wanted, and if you do want to write off the arsenal game then how about the leicester game instead? the one where bottom of the league leicester could have beat us 3/4 nil if they had taken their sitters

yeah i do agree with you , im probably just papering over the very deep cracks at the moment and looking for any  excuse 

I

To be honest I don't think Aston VIlla should ever lose to 5-0 to anyone.

Well, your pal Lambert has overseen a fair number of big losses now.

You best have a word with him.

I go into most January windows with pretty low expectations, especially after the business we did in Lambert's first year when we only brought in Sylla and Dawkins, so I'm pretty happy overall, although I would have liked Rickie Lambert to give Benteke a kick up the arse.

Gil looks a fantastic edition and I'm looking forward to seeing him against the poorer teams in the league. I'm not much of a fan of Sinclair but the fact he is an actual winger unlike the players who have been playing there is a step in the right direction. 

And I love Delph, that news came completely out of the blue and I'm delighted he 'signed' too. Hopefully we can scrape another survival, maybe even score a few goals on the way (or just rely on Shane Long again) and then we can finally get rid of Lambert in the summer.

Why loan out Robinson again when there was a good chance Lambert would have turned us down anyway?

We now go into the end of the season with just Benteke, Weimann and Gabby and possibly untried Graham Burke as strikers. And what happens if they are still all mis-firing or 1/2 of them get injured

Crazy management!!

Not bothered if we didn't sign a 30+ year old striker for more than his current club paid 6 months ago. A younger player would have been nice but all in all not a bad window.