Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I don't think anyone is done for yet.

This. People should learn from past seasons, someone will go down on the last day i think just like always.

That often doesn't happen though. IIRC it's only happened twice out of the last five seasons.

Edited by Mantis

Has it? Seems like someone goes down every year on the last day. That said though the general point remains, nothing is decided yet and wont be until atleast the last 2-3. games.

It may seem that way but it isn't actually the case. Relegation was sorted before the final day in both of the last two seasons.

My point was that teams are often written off but then go on to survive. Palace and Sunderland are two examples from last season. As far as I'm concerned all relegation places are up grabs, so don't expect Lambert to take the foot of the gas.

I said in August it's any 3 from 11 to go down. 

Today I whittle it down to any 3 from Leicester, QPR, Burnley, Hull, Villa, West Brom, Sunderland and Palace (8). Nothing is certain yet. Any of those sides could stay up, any of them could still go down.

The difference will be who can put a run of results together in these last 14 or so games. I hate to say it but how can we turn the points tally from the last 20 into something like 20 points from the next 14? I just can't see a run for us at the moment. 

O'Neill is past it.

Completely agree but you cannot disregard O'neil's Leicester past and how much he would love to relegate us

I don't think how much he'd supposedly love to relegate us would really make that much of a difference.

He gets average players over performing. There's no window to spend money in so he wouldn't be signing anyone, and he's a Leicester legend. If he goes there til may they'll stay up

Sunderland?

He gets average players over performing. There's no window to spend money in so he wouldn't be signing anyone, and he's a Leicester legend. If he goes there til may they'll stay up

Completely agree plus with Andrej Kramarić

to settle in, defence strengthened by Huth and Mahrez back from ACON. IF they got O'neil I would be more worried about them than I was this morning. All big ifs though it has to be said

He wouldn't.

Leicester's next 4 games are Arsenal away, Everton away, Chelsea at home and Man. City away, they'll barely pick up a point in that sequence.

Even if they do you're probably looking at them needing 6 wins from their last 10 if you're talking 35/36 as the safety figure.

Completely agree plus with Andrej Kramarić
to settle in, defence strengthened by Huth and Mahrez back from ACON. IF they got O'neil I would be more worried about them than I was this morning. All big ifs though it has to be said

Mahrez and Kramaric both played yesterday didn't they?

All the pundits is past seasons have said we've got enough to stay up etc this time they are saying we'll go down....we have always been craap under Lambert but this season we seem to have hit a new level of craapness. 

I'm not at all confident. In past seasons we had at least some decent results against big teams etc to give us confidence we can win a game, this season all I can remember is us losing/not scoring.

Edited by supernova26