Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

21 hours ago, legov said:

You should come to the land down under
You know, where beer does flow and men chunder.

Also, better weather.

And spiders, massive **** spiders. You people often forget to mention those, I wonder why...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

And spiders, massive **** spiders. You people often forget to mention those, I wonder why...

It's not the big ones you need to worry about.

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

woman hot

That really is a thing isn't it !?  Bloody hell, I don't know how they do it.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

theres no point, you'd have to wait 10 minutes before you could get in...

"woman hot" as a bath temperature is definitely a thing

News to me. My missus has her bath tepid. I'm the one that has it at maximum scaldingosity. 

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I like it hot enough to singe my scrotum as I dip in.  Nothing worse than a bath that goes cold after 10 minutes.

You need to practice getting the temperature so your ready to get out when the bubbles start to disappear. Nothing worse than seeing a lonely soldier floating about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Every woman i have ever known has ALWAYS been able to bath/shower in ridiculously hot water. I thought it was me just being a fanny 

This is so true.

Don't they say women have a higher pain threshold? Maybe that's how they can handle hot showers.

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is a nice segue from what's being talked about but ... people still have baths?  Regularly?  Shower thanks.

Yep, every day. A shower's for when you're in a hurry. Nothing beats a good hot bath. And you can't read or drink whisk(e)y in the shower. 

Edited by mjmooney

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yep, every day. A shower's for when you're in a hurry. Nothing beats a good hot bath. And you can't read or drink whisk(e)y in the shower. 

I 'get' baths for recuperation.  Say after running a marathon etc.  But to become clean?  A waste of water.  And you can shower for longer, although as you say it does tend to dilute the old whiskey which is why I use a sippy cup.

• Like 1

Humans who've been brought up by Wolves or other animals in the wild, think nothing of walking around naked in the snow, the cold temperatures just don't seem to affect them. Which might suggest that our tolerance to temperatures, is a learnt thing rather than something we're born with.

Â