Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I think there have been cases of humans being brough up by birds. There's an documentary on the subject of feral children called Genie: Wild Child. Which is interesting but very sad.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I know, I know, this happens all the time where I live.

We've got a colony of squirrels on the island and whenever they bring up a human baby it can just walk over twigs and gravel without shoes on. It's amazing to watch.

It's the human babies brought up by seagulls I don't like though. Always shitting on my conservatory roof.

Genuine LOL. At work. People looked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Genuine LOL. At work. People looked. 

well we must be having a psych moment

the guy 3 desks up from me just announced his arms were aching from last night's weight session and I shouted over 'do you even get in lifts?'

everyone just looked at me, utterly vacant

I assured them it really was funny

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I know, I know, this happens all the time where I live.

We've got a colony of squirrels on the island and whenever they bring up a human baby it can just walk over twigs and gravel without shoes on. It's amazing to watch.

It's the human babies brought up by seagulls I don't like though. Always shitting on my conservatory roof.

:crylaugh: I hadn't read past the first line. Oh that post has tickled me.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

well we must be having a psych moment

the guy 3 desks up from me just announced his arms were aching from last night's weight session and I shouted over 'do you even get in lifts?'

I assured them it really was funny

Wahey. If you can make a difference to just one persons day..

5 hours ago, BOF said:

This is a nice segue from what's being talked about but ... people still have baths?  Regularly?  Shower thanks.

Glad somebody else asked this. Literally can't remember the last time I had one. 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I 'get' baths for recuperation.  Say after running a marathon etc.  But to become clean?  A waste of water.  And you can shower for longer, although as you say it does tend to dilute the old whiskey which is why I use a sippy cup.

I don't agree.

When you're really dirty, only a bath will get you properly clean.

Although I usually follow a bath like that with a shower anyway.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don't agree.

When you're really dirty, only a bath will get you properly clean.

Although I usually follow a bath like that with a shower anyway.

What? Disagree, completely disagree.

Try living in an apartment that's too small to fit a bath in.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I shouted over 'do you even get in lifts?'

It must have floored them, rather than rung a bell.

1 minute ago, legov said:

What? Disagree, completely disagree.

Try living in an apartment that's too small to fit a bath in.

It would be fine, I hardly ever have a bath. But when I do it's because I've been doing something that's gotten me really dirty.

I'm just gonna leave that unedited and let somebody have a field day.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It would be fine, I hardly ever have a bath. But when I do it's because I've been doing something that's gotten me really dirty.

Try living in said apartment for 20 years :)

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It would be fine, I hardly ever have a bath. But when I do it's because I've been doing something that's gotten me really dirty. Because I have Parkinson's Disease and love soup.

troll trolling

• Like 3

We only have a small bathroom so I wanted to rip the bath out when we bought the house 18 months ago, but my girlfriend didn't want to as she '"loves having a bath"' she said.

Since then, I've been sick in it more times than she's bathed in it. I've pointed this out to her recently but she still wants to keep it. It seems like such a big thing to keep in your house for it to get used once every 6 months.

(Although her arguments about it devaluing the house and it being easier to wash a baby in are fair points.)

17 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

We only have a small bathroom so I wanted to rip the bath out when we bought the house 18 months ago, but my girlfriend didn't want to as she '"loves having a bath"' she said.

Since then, I've been sick in it more times than she's bathed in it. I've pointed this out to her recently but she still wants to keep it. It seems like such a big thing to keep in your house for it to get used once every 6 months.

(Although her arguments about it devaluing the house and it being easier to wash a baby in are fair points.)

She's right man.  My house didn't have a bath and everyone that came loved it, but wouldn't offer because it didn't have a bath.

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

She's right man.  My house didn't have a bath and everyone that came loved it, but wouldn't offer because it didn't have a bath.

You should have put a big photo of a bath in the corner when people were viewing it.

Actually a small photo would work better because it would make the bathroom look bigger.

Or you could have said, "Sorry, you can't view the bathroom today, somebody is in there having a bath. And they're probably going to be a while because they're going in the Jacuzzi after. And I did a shit in the bidet by accident"

• Like 1

Â