Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Grown men playing pokemon

This, I started my new job yesterday and a couple of blokes were talking about this new Pokemon game and asked me if I play it, I just looked at them and said no, because I'm a 30 year old man.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Some 30 year old men like different things to other 30 year old men.

Yeah but this is VillaTalk. You have to hate everything remotely popular, remember?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You have to hate everything remotely popular, remember?

I did this until paradoxically "The hating everything remotely popular" thing became quite popular on VT in a surprisingly short time, so I started hating that as well. 

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The fact that Ian Astbury had to apologise for saying "All lives matter" on stage, instead of "Black lives matter"... some people thought that "all lives mater"  was offensive and racist...

Really?!?!?!

As has been mentioned before, a lot of people now make it their aim to be offended as much as possible

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Grown men playing pokemon

Imagine how I felt when having a crafty wank in my apartment, I check my phone to find there is a Pokemon right next to me. I think it was Squirtle, which coincidentally is what I did. 

Awkwaaaard! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

This, I started my new job yesterday and a couple of blokes were talking about this new Pokemon game and asked me if I play it, I just looked at them and said no, because I'm a 30 year old man.

I'm a 47 year old man and I play clash of clans loads. Obviously anyone who plays Pokémon is is a dilbat firtlemonger though because that is a shoddy excuse for a game. 

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The fact that Ian Astbury had to apologise for saying "All lives matter" on stage, instead of "Black lives matter"... some people thought that "all lives mater"  was offensive and racist...

Really?!?!?!

Done nothing since Bittersweet Symphony and just trying to raise his profile.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

mosquito bites

insects generally don't fancy me. family on the other hand gets munched.

We have a long garden as do all houses in our crescent with a load of trees at the bottom,  kind of a copse with a few oak trees and it is like a giant insect factory. 

It's absolutely lovely but going down the end of the garden after 7.00 pm will see you eaten alive and generally being in the garden at that time will guarantee a bite or 2 unless you are wrapped up and the house will fill with insects at night if you leave windows or doors open. 

I hate them. What I don't get is why their bites itch so much. If they didnt itch they would me more successful as people wouldn't swat them all the time and not mind being bitten so much the pillocks 

They inject proteins in to you to stop your blood from clotting, that's what itches, hold a hot spoon over them, the bump will stay but the heat should kill the protein, won't get rid of the bump but should stop the itch

if you have your bath water woman hot it'll probably do it too

• Like 2

On 12/10/2015 at 11:04, MakemineVanilla said:

Increasingly, it is becoming a mystery to me as to why people, myself included, actually listen to music.

It seems that the more music I possess the less I listen to it and now that I have 60gb on an MP3 player, I can never listen to anything all the way through because I am always thinking there must be something better than this.

The old tyranny of too many choices. :angry:

This is me everyday at work with ipod.... too many choices, constantly changing the songs/sets on device!!! Its more hassle than its worth sometimes lol

Back on topic... This has probably been said before but people who buy really expensive cars and A. drive them at 20 mph everywhere and B. Struggle to drive them at all... Really what is the point? Why not buy something more reasonable and easier to drive?, then again they are status symbols for some people these days.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They inject proteins in to you to stop your blood from clotting, that's what itches, hold a hot spoon over them, the bump will stay but the heat should kill the protein, won't get rid of the bump but should stop the itch

Can you get your daily protein intake from mosquito bites?  Getting sick of chicken breast.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Now I basically want to know a list of your old housewives' remedies and general lifehacks. 

That's what happens when you start following the likes of cyanide and happiness on Twitter thinking you'll get a couple of funny pictures a day, no what you actually get is several hundred retweets of utter garbage a day...

although to be fair that was helpful advice and I can make a mean as **** cheesy garlic pull bread 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what happens when you start following the likes of cyanide and happiness on Twitter thinking you'll get a couple of funny pictures a day, no what you actually get is several hundred retweets of utter garbage a day...

although to be fair that was helpful advice and I can make a mean as **** cheesy garlic pull bread 

You can turn off retweets from specific accounts. Go to their accounts and into the menu you get and you should be able to disable them.

It's a lifesaver.

• Like 1

Â