Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

13 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You follow a bath with a shower, are you MAD man?

Yeah. if it's something like I've been playing football in the mud and I'm covered with dirt, then I have a quick shower to rinse off. You're basically sat there in a tub of your own sweat and dirt so a rinse is essential.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2016 at 16:13, useless said:

Bath's put weight on you.

lad at football was telling me this BBC summer doctors thing where they keep splitting people in to 4 groups and getting each one to do something different had an episode last week where in an attempt to get people to lose weight they had one of the groups just sit in a really hot bath for an hour every night, they lost weight...not as much as another group who did pilates / yoga type stretching but as much as people who did sit ups, apparently it'll lose the fat that sits on your organs too which the sit ups wont, something to do with raising your body temperature and metabolism 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

lad at football was telling me this BBC summer doctors thing where they keep splitting people in to 4 groups and getting each one to do something different had an episode last week where in an attempt to get people to lose weight they had one of the groups just sit in a really hot bath for an hour every night, they lost weight...not as much as another group who did pilates / yoga type stretching but as much as people who did sit ups, apparently it'll lose the fat that sits on your organs too which the sit ups wont, something to do with raising your body temperature and metabolism 

I'm sure it's a way boxers/fighers lose a quick pound or two if they don't make their weigh in.

Jump in a hot bath for an hour and sweat off a pound.

It'll all get put back on sooner rather than later.

It certainly doesn't "put weight on you". The only way that would happen is if you weighed yourself immediately after jumping out so all the water was still on you.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

People who get married before the age of 40, it's like leaving a great party just when it's started.

I see what you mean but then I feel jealous of people who have met their soulmate young

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

People who get married before the age of 40, it's like leaving a great party just when it's started.

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

I see what you mean but then I feel jealous of people who have met their soulmate young

Nah! Everyone settles.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Only you can decide how you wanna live your life, what's normal for me may sound crazy to another.

But i dont get people who cheat, if you wanna sleep around, do not get in to a relationship.

You cant have it all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Very similar story, met at 19, married at 25. Our eldest goes to Uni in a couple of weeks.

Just couldn't imagine playing it any other way, if there is reincarnation, I'll have the same again please.She'sny and fit and I've seen her boobs. 

Which suggests that Nietzsche should be the philosopher of choice for all faithful lovers.

I know nowhere near enough about Nietzsche to even begin to make a comment on that.

A quick attempt at some google blagging suggests he over thought a lot of stuff and didn't get enough fresh air. Declared god is dead and then got syphilis in a gay brothel. So yeah, that pretty much chimes in with my life experiences.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I know nowhere near enough about Nietzsche to even begin to make a comment on that.

A quick attempt at some google blagging suggests he over thought a lot of stuff and didn't get enough fresh air. Declared god is dead and then got syphilis in a gay brothel. So yeah, that pretty much chimes in with my life experiences.

He famously said that we are all destined to relive our lives over and over again ('eternal return').

Not to mention his thoughts about Man and Überwench.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Â