Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I believe "Scat" in that context means like a weird freestyle Jazz singing thing.

All that "bee bop a bodaboom" is called "scatting"

I think anyway. I'm too scared to google it to confirm I'm right :D 

Also stay away from Googling '2 girls and a cup'😁

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Can you imagine taking your laptop to PC world and having someone find Jazz music in your browsing history , you’d have to explain to them you were really looking for sexual arousal from feces to avoid embarrassment 

Voinjama?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, El Zen said:

People who still buy Diet Coke. 

Are they somehow unaware of Coke Zero and Pepsi Max, or do they actually prefer Diet Coke? If so, ugh.

I remember reading somewhere that Diet Coke was aimed at women for so long, they struggled with sales to men. Hence Coke Zero. They do taste different as well, with different ingredients (citric acid vs sodium citrate)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I remember reading somewhere that Diet Coke was aimed at women for so long, they struggled with sales to men. Hence Coke Zero. They do taste different as well, with different ingredients (citric acid vs sodium citrate)

Yep, hence the question. Coke Zero tastes much nicer than Diet Coke, and I haven’t actually met anyone who prefers Diet Coke. There must be people who do,  though, since it’s still widely available. Who are these people? 

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm still a fullfat coke man, myself.

You’d have to pay me good money to drink red Coke these days. Loved it as a kid, but haven’t touched it since Coke Zero/PMax. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

You’d have to pay me good money to drink red Coke these days. Loved it as a kid, but haven’t touched it since Coke Zero/PMax. 

Drinks with real sugar taste so much better to me than artificial sweetners, I've never tried it blind, but I taste a difference and it isn't too pleasant. I only drink fizzy drinks very, very rarely though, maybe once every month or two, so I prefer to go for the standard version and to hell with the calories

We’ve done the cola blind testing as a school science project various times with the kids as they were growing up, tested on them, friends, family.

Never once had any result other than Pepsi Max winning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

I'm the same 

Full fat definitley tastes better but I'd be surprised if I drank 1 can a year of it, the zero / max stuff is like crack though, struggle to keep away for a litre a day 

I'd say max over zero but flavoured coke zero is better than flavoured pepsi max but was surprised on my return to the UK after a year away that the flavours of coke seem to have disappeared, the mango, strawberry, peach etc was all gone

1 hour ago, Xela said:

That's the rumour I heard, they can't market diet coke to men, googled it and havard business school have an article saying the same which is good enough for me, call in gender contamination

The only other example they gave was Gillette calling their female razors Venus to separate themselves from the best a man can get stuff 

If I drink a full sugar drink now it tastes rank. Obviously I grew up on it, was the only choice really. 

Now it's like if someone puts sugar in my coffee or tea by mistake. Nearly gave have to spit it out its so sugary sickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's the rumour I heard, they can't market diet coke to men, googled it and havard business school have an article saying the same which is good enough for me, call in gender contamination

The only other example they gave was Gillette calling their female razors Venus to separate themselves from the best a man can get stuff 

For the hairy wimmin 

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Coke Zero is exactly the same as Diet Coke, it’s just in a red can.

Coke Zero is the "new" flavour they tried and then went back to "classic". It's completely different to Diet Coke.

• Like 3

Â