Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what else are you going to drink?

tea? coffee? water? squash? juice?

i'll drink tea at work (but nowhere near as much since i left the UK) buy i can only do so much water before i get bored of it and squash i can only do if you get the really good stuff, juice i dont mind but it contains more sugar, flavoured water is shite IMO

if you're wondering why someone drinks a litre of coke a day whilst you drink a litre of tea or coffee the answer is the same as why you do it...and coffee is worse for it

People have massive addictions to coke/diet coke which I find really odd but it's definitely a thing.  A woman I used to work with opened a 2 litre bottle at 9am every day and it was gone by 11am.  I presume it got replaced by another one but I didn't pay that much attention.

On the "what else are you going to drink?" - obviously only speaking personally, but water.  If I'm thirsty, I'll drink water.  I tend to have a coffee first thing, followed by another around 11am - maybe squash with food, but generally just water elsewhere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We’ve done the cola blind testing as a school science project various times with the kids as they were growing up, tested on them, friends, family.

Never once had any result other than Pepsi Max winning.

that's basically my job , just on a larger scale and for lots more money :) 

I had to keep well away from it due to a conflict of interest , but we did the product testing for Coke Zero when they did the relaunch of the flavour back in 2016  .. we had thousands of cans of the stuff and yet i still found myself going out to buy a Pepsi Max ..

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

The problem with 2L bottles is they go as flat as a witches tit if you don't drink it all in one go. I'd rather pay £1 for a can than £1.50-£2.00 for a 2L bottle. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

im the opposite in that i can drink 2L of ice cold water in the summer but not in the winter

if i didnt drink coke i wouldnt get to the recommended 8 glasses a day of fluids or whatever it is

i would definitely say i've got a fizzy drink addiction but i dont have a tea or coffee addiction, drinking tea is usually only to reduce the coke and i could do the same as that woman but i have "coke o'clock" wont drink it before 11am or after 8pm to limit it, i wont drink it before exercising either so if i know im exercising at 2pm then i wont drink it in the morning, no longer go to the gym so before it was gym at 5.30pm so no coke all day

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

People have massive addictions to coke/diet coke which I find really odd but it's definitely a thing.  A woman I used to work with opened a 2 litre bottle at 9am every day and it was gone by 11am.  I presume it got replaced by another one but I didn't pay that much attention.

On the "what else are you going to drink?" - obviously only speaking personally, but water.  If I'm thirsty, I'll drink water.  I tend to have a coffee first thing, followed by another around 11am - maybe squash with food, but generally just water elsewhere.

yeah I'm one of those addicts   .. I gave up soft drinks once for a couple of months so I know it can be done  , its just I tend to like the sugar and fizz buzz you get from it over any other drink  ... I've just had my morning cup of coffee and already thinking about making a move on the can of Max I've got in the fridge .  

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh yeah.  As per @tonyh29's post above I'll also drink it as a mixer.  Again full fat only.

its one of those weird things .. I only drink diet soda , but I never order << insert spirit of choice >>  and diet coke  when i go in a bar  , always coke  ..  like there is some law against mixing a diet drink with alcohol 

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This. Other than alcohol, my daily fluid intake is, on average: one small glass of orange juice, two coffees (am), two teas (pm) and about a pint of water. 

I for one drink Coke (well Pepsi Max but you know, Cola drinks) when I need a bit of a caffeine boost, I cant stomach hot drinks at all and Energy drinks are horrific so my options are pretty limited in that capacity.

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

2021 has been a wild ride on VT, we will look back on Autumn and get dewy eyed over the great Cola discussion. 

We should really do a yearly VT highlights thread amongst all the other end-of-year threads. 

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This. Other than alcohol, my daily fluid intake is, on average: one small glass of orange juice, two coffees (am), two teas (pm) and about a pint of water. 

so with some guesstimation and quick maths your caffeine intake per day is the equivalent of 12.5 cans of diet coke

i would be 2 cups of tea in the office, around 500ml to 1L of coke zero depending on if im in the office or at home and then a pint of water thrown in somewhere too

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

We should really do a yearly VT highlights thread amongst all the other end-of-year threads. 

when we do the inevitable best album / film / tv show thread maybe we should do a best discussion of the year

will be major FOMO around it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

2021 has been a wild ride on VT, we will look back on Autumn and get dewy eyed over the great Cola discussion. 

I have never lefter a bigger footprint anywhere. So proud. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

2021 has been a wild ride on VT, we will look back on Autumn and get Mountain Dewy eyed over the great Cola discussion. 

Also: FTFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It will never beat the balls in/out waistband discussion. 

• Like 2

Why would anyone drink coke if they’re thirsty? It’s nice, but it’s not refreshing at all. I’d down a pint of water and then a glass of Pepsi Max, if I wanted to for the taste.

Mixers have to be full fat really. Pepsi Max is maybe okay, but definitely not Coke Zero and absolutely **** not Diet Coke. You’ll waste some good rum that way.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

when we do the inevitable best album / film / tv show thread maybe we should do a best discussion of the year

will be major FOMO around it

If anything beats washing machine repairs its rigged

• Haha 1

Â