Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I remember reading somewhere that Diet Coke was aimed at women for so long, they struggled with sales to men. Hence Coke Zero. They do taste different as well, with different ingredients (citric acid vs sodium citrate)

Coke zero tastes like coke. And Pepsi Max tastes like Pepsi.

The diet versions have their own taste.

That's the difference

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do they sell the cans with "59p" splashed all over the side

"4€ please mate" 

The gall of it

Exactly. Asda £1 price tag on a 80 box of Pg tips. "15lv (€7) please, Sam"

Did you transport it inside the tsars golden carriage?!

I can't get over the fact that grown adults routinely drink cola. 

Maybe once a year, if I'm out walking on a VERY hot day and I'm really thirsty, I might have one, as a novelty. And I'll quite enjoy it, pure childhood nostalgia. But that's all. Couldn't imagine why anybody would drink it on a daily basis. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I can't get over that they sell those little bottles for £1 yet you can get a 2 litre bottle for £1.50 in every supermarket. 

£1?  And the rest, that's the going rate for a can.  Think a 500ml bottle is about £1.60.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I can't get over that they sell those little bottles for £1 yet you can get a 2 litre bottle for £1.50 in every supermarket. 

The problem with 2L bottles is they go as flat as a witches tit if you don't drink it all in one go. I'd rather pay £1 for a can than £1.50-£2.00 for a 2L bottle. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Maybe once a year, if I'm out walking on a VERY hot day and I'm really thirsty, I might have one, as a novelty. And I'll quite enjoy it, pure childhood nostalgia. But that's all. Couldn't imagine why anybody would drink it on a daily basis. 

100%.

Coke has a place for hangovers and that's basically it.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

£3 for an 8 pack of cans. There's the solution

Thats what I pick up from Morrisons. I was just making a point that on an individual basis, given the choice, I'd rather pay £1 for a can than £1.50 for a 2L bottle. 

Plus it always tastes better from a can! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, the heat thing is the key. When I was living in 'Nam I drank loads of it because it was so humid all the time, and for whatever reason nothing refreshes on a really hot and humid day like a cold glass of coke. 

In the UK, we barely even have a summer (I can't say I actually noticed it this year) so what do I need to drink coke for. Have probably had about two glasses of the stuff in the last 6 years at this point. 

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

100%.

Coke has a place for hangovers and that's basically it.

if used correctly with spirits or making a long island ice tea it can also be the cause of the hangover :) 

• Like 1

what else are you going to drink?

tea? coffee? water? squash? juice?

i'll drink tea at work (but nowhere near as much since i left the UK) buy i can only do so much water before i get bored of it and squash i can only do if you get the really good stuff, juice i dont mind but it contains more sugar, flavoured water is shite IMO

if you're wondering why someone drinks a litre of coke a day whilst you drink a litre of tea or coffee the answer is the same as why you do it...and coffee is worse for it

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I only drink full fat and it's usually only when hungover or as an accompaniment to junk food (which often happens to be at the same time anyway).

Oh yeah.  As per @tonyh29's post above I'll also drink it as a mixer.  Again full fat only.

• Thanks 1

Â