Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

Umm yeah, I was fascinated by them when I was a kid too. But you do know the planet is on fire yeah?

I don't have thirty cars, I just have one. Plus I have no children. My environmental impact is minimal. 

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't have thirty cars, I just have one. Plus I have no children. My environmental impact is minimal. 

you would also have 30 cars but do the exact same number of miles...if i was rich enough to have that number of cars id actually do less miles than i currently do because i wouldnt work

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

you would also have 30 cars but do the exact same number of miles...if i was rich enough to have that number of cars id actually do less miles than i currently do because i wouldnt work

But surely you would be cruising around the countryside, taking frequent extended weekend breaks etc? 

• Haha 1

Which reminds me, these multi multi millionaire footballers.  Why they always going out in cars getting sloshed? Why not just employ a chauffeur? It would be like pocket change for them. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But surely you would be cruising around the countryside, taking frequent extended weekend breaks etc? 

thats what the jet is for

agree on the footballers though, you see on insta sometimes various ones thanking people who look like they have footballer lifestyle enabler type companies, people who help footballers get things, i assume they either cant be bothered, dont want to pop down the bullring or want to use their money to get a PS5 or the limited edition trainers or the TV set up etc there must be some guy with some sort of start up business in brum who handed out his card to various footballers, got passed around their whatsapp group, who went out and got a velar on the never never and is available 24/7 no questions asked to drive footballers home, that service has to exist, even a service where they drive their car home for them, or collect their car

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Which reminds me, these multi multi millionaire footballers.  Why they always going out in cars getting sloshed? Why not just employ a chauffeur? It would be like pocket change for them. 

The same reason the majority of criminals are young men, and the same reason the majority of people in A&E on a Friday night are young men, ie young men lack impulse control.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The same reason the majority of criminals are young men, and the same reason the majority of people in A&E on a Friday night are young men, ie young men lack impulse control.

Science. The part of the brain that controls impulsivity, the prefrontal cortex is not fully developed until around 25. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was once a young man and I never once felt the impulse to get into a car and drive sloshed.

More to do with arrogance and intellect I would think than age.

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Science. The part of the brain that controls impulsivity, the prefrontal cortex is not fully developed until around 25. 

Sounds like forrin science to me.

11 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

People who write happy birthday messages to their children on Facebook. Their child is two years old. Cannot read. Does not have social media. 

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?! I DONT GET IT!

My dad once wrote Happy Birthday to my mom on Facebook. They were probably sat 6 feet away from each other

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I was once a young man and I never once felt the impulse to get into a car and drive sloshed.

More to do with arrogance and intellect I would think than age.

The thing about averages is that they don't imply the average is relevant to 100% of people :)

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The thing about averages is that they don't imply the average is relevant to 100% of people :)

And of course that some people are mean and others operate in a different mode

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I might just start all 30 up at the same time for a laugh! 

I'd wager a used petrol car used sparingly is better for the environment than a new EV in terms of carbon footprint. 

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My dad once wrote Happy Birthday to my mom on Facebook. They were probably sat 6 feet away from each other

My in laws were away for a week to celebrate their wedding anniversary, they came back after 3 days because they were having massive arguments. The next day the MIL wished her incredible husband and love of her life a happy anniversary despite the fact that we knew they were on the brink of divorce and not speaking.

Why do they feel like they need to keep face on social media? Who gives a shit if she doesn’t wish him a happy anniversary on facebook? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No they're not

Fair point otherwise though 

Twitch has been hacked, and among other things, subscriber payouts to streamers have been leaked.

This is how much some people have been paid to broadcast them playing games and talking bollocks to viewers. Incredible.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

Â