Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

my thing with stormzy is there have been better than him before who just never had the platform like this 

He seems like a decent guy doing good and giving back so I won't knock him but kano is far better, he's not in dizzee rascals league, couple of others 

• Like 2

Agreed on Stormzy, I think he’s shite. 

I don't get the Marvel films and the ridiculous amount of breathless fawning they get. Boring, far far too long and pumped out every 8 months by the Hollywood machine.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I don't get the Marvel films and the ridiculous amount of breathless fawning they get. Boring, far far too long and pumped out every 8 months by the Hollywood machine.

Yeah. Feels like every 5 minutes there is some Marvel thing being churned out to do with that universe of theirs featuring endless trailers for it.

On 29/06/2019 at 12:08, imavillan said:

Stormzy

Utter tosh

On 29/06/2019 at 13:25, villa4europe said:

my thing with stormzy is there have been better than him before who just never had the platform like this 

He seems like a decent guy doing good and giving back so I won't knock him but kano is far better, he's not in dizzee rascals league, couple of others 

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

Shut Up

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

talked about before, the problem with the Hollywood machine is they will churn out shit regardless of what it is, transformers, men in black, Godzilla, fast and the furious etc etc Hollywood depends on the revenue blockbusters provides, the industry collapses without it so they will always exist

and marvel films in comparison to the alternatives are actually pretty good

Until recently I used to be mildly irritated about the constant churning out of marvel films. I don’t mind it now, still don’t really watch them but I’m indifferent to them. Some bits I’ve seen have been decent Hollywood entertainment.

I have a grudging admiration for how they’ve methodically gone about it, which only looks more impressive when you see how much of a balls up DC appear to have made of their franchise.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

The amount of people who frequent pub beer gardens in the middle of a normal working day (let's say, Wednesday 3rd July 2019), notably not in what could be called standard office attire.

Why is there a "Black Pride" 24 hours after the usual "Pride" parade?

Why can't all the LGBTQPRSZWT people have one parade? Why has someone thought it a good idea to be divisive?

Seems racist to me (as an outsider with no axe to grind), I'm sure if someone suggested a "White Pride" parade they'd be crucified.

• Like 2

On 03/07/2019 at 14:02, bobzy said:

The amount of people who frequent pub beer gardens in the middle of a normal working day (let's say, Wednesday 3rd July 2019), notably not in what could be called standard office attire.

Not everyone works 9-5 Monday to Friday. 

Used to always be amused by the looks I'd get having a beer in the garden at 8am after a night shift. 

• Like 1

And not everyone wears standard office attire. We can basically wear what we want to work, and the Lichfield office is near the  bowling green pub so people go and sit outside on their lunch hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

And not everyone wears standard office attire. We can basically wear what we want to work, and the Lichfield office is near the  bowling green pub so people go and sit outside on their lunch hour.

8fJhV2e.jpg

• Haha 2

wearing what you want + a beer in the sun at lunch = sleeping in the office in the afternoon, I just cant do it

Fridays where you throw in a bacon sarnie or worse a full English and the afternoon is a complete write off

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

wearing what you want + a beer in the sun at lunch = sleeping in the office in the afternoon, I just cant do it

Fridays where you throw in a bacon sarnie or worse a full English and the afternoon is a complete write off

Yeah, I can just about manage a pint. I made the mistake of having 2 pints in the sun on Friday and was unexpectedly handed a slightly complicated piece of work when I got back to the office. I could have cried.  

Luckily I started having IT issues and so had to complete it this morning.. :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Not everyone works 9-5 Monday to Friday. 

Used to always be amused by the looks I'd get having a beer in the garden at 8am after a night shift. 

As I said, it’s the volume of people rather than “any”. You’d expect to see a decent amount through shift work etc but that can’t be the majority of people - and then you’re factoring in those who don’t sit around drinking beer in the sun in the middle of the day.

(From memory, you’re in Notts too so possibly ARE included in my sample though... ;))

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

As I said, it’s the volume of people rather than “any”. You’d expect to see a decent amount through shift work etc but that can’t be the majority of people - and then you’re factoring in those who don’t sit around drinking beer in the sun in the middle of the day.

(From memory, you’re in Notts too so possibly ARE included in my sample though... ;))

You'll find me in the poppy and pint having one drink too many most Friday lunchtimes. In definitely not normal work clothes. Then heading back to my office job. 😀

Â