Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I'd start a record label, open a venue and a bar and possibly some kind of eaterie oh and a record shop to go along with the label. Maybe even invest stupid money in a vinyl pressing plant and possibly even a  recording studio. i'd be the Svengali obviously, professionals would do most of the work

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I ain’t going to lie. I have just recently started watching vines on YouTube. After googling I may come to tiktok in 5 years. 

Snapchat me when you do. 

• Like 1

On 26/11/2019 at 16:37, Designer1 said:

I can't get my head around anyone winning 4 million (or more) and wanting to carry on working. It's complete anathema to me. There is soooo much of the world to see and so many experiences to be had that that sort of money would allow. Going back to your job just seems mental.

Each to their own I guess.

I am a bit torn on this. I know the dinosaurs on here have worked a lot longer (and possibly harder than me). If I remember correctly Si you've had your own thing going? I respect that no end, and wish I had the balls to do it. 

But for someone who likes the field I'm working in, I think just walking away would be a bit boring. Would be great to travel and stuff, but I do that anyway. I think I'd rather just work a bit reduced and cut out all the night work, OT and stuff. Maybe I'd cut my pay and try out something new as well, but just sitting on my arse would kill me I think. Then again winning £ 4 million would probably kill me anyway lol

£4m and id be ok

£1-2m and there's every danger id spunk it up the wall, I could retire and live more or less the same life I do now for the next 40 years job free but I think 16 hours a day sat at home with the money in my bank would be a dangerous game, id need to do something to kill time, be it a shitty retail job, record shop being the obvious one, volunteer work or just something to keep me occupied

I actually don't know if I would tell people if I won £1m...id treat my mom and my brother and his kids but after that im sure, the more I won the more id feel confident about giving away, anything above £5m and a good chunk would be dished out around my friends and family, £100m a lot of people I know would be retiring

Edited by villa4europe

If I won £4m I'd be a bit annoyed because it's enough for me to keep and dish a bit out, but dividing that up and treating people would be pretty shit. 

Couldn't buy my parents a decent house, couldn't do the same for my brother.  Car's I'm not arsed about, but I'd have to buy one because we'd only have 1 between two of us. 

I'd obviously want a nice house, but a decent house (you'd expect as a millionaire) would cost you north of £1.5m.

I'd want £50m+, just so I could buy Halesowen Town and make it a supporters trust, but try and make them decent organically (not going the Salford way), that would be a fun job.

I wouldn't buy any houses, I'd just fly wherever I wanted to and stay in expensive suites, doing things I'd like to do. 

Renting yachts, visiting nice places, staying in suites and just living life large would be great. 

I'd create trust for charity and try to make a difference to people's lives.

Anything really. 

Oddly, my dad used to work with someone years ago who won £2.5m in the 90s (didn't really know him that well, but worked on building sites with him and used to chat with him).  He bumped into him in B&Q about 2 years ago, and he was choosing specific screws for a job at home he was doing.  My dad jokingly said "As if you're doing the job!" and he started to talk about his winning, saying that even though it's a lot, once he finished work, all of that money is just going out of your account.  He bought his house for 400k in the early 90s, that's nearly 25% gone.  He bought a 40k landrover, bought his wife a car.  He said eventually you get scared of spending it all and that it made him reclusive. 

**** that, give me more money than I could ever spend, so I can treat everyone and do anything. £5m?  nah! :lol:

(I'd love it). 

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Waiting for a delayed Southern train yesterday, a bloke on the platform next to me was 'painting' (filling) by numbers on his phone.

I don't even "get" that with felt tip pens. It's the art equivalent of jig-saw. You knew what it was going to look like before your started

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If I won £4m I'd be a bit annoyed because it's enough for me to keep and dish a bit out, but dividing that up and treating people would be pretty shit. 

Couldn't buy my parents a decent house, couldn't do the same for my brother.  Car's I'm not arsed about, but I'd have to buy one because we'd only have 1 between two of us. 

I'd obviously want a nice house, but a decent house (you'd expect as a millionaire) would cost you north of £1.5m.

I'd want £50m+, just so I could buy Halesowen Town and make it a supporters trust, but try and make them decent organically (not going the Salford way), that would be a fun job.

I wouldn't buy any houses, I'd just fly wherever I wanted to and stay in expensive suites, doing things I'd like to do. 

Renting yachts, visiting nice places, staying in suites and just living life large would be great. 

I'd create trust for charity and try to make a difference to people's lives.

Anything really. 

Oddly, my dad used to work with someone years ago who won £2.5m in the 90s (didn't really know him that well, but worked on building sites with him and used to chat with him).  He bumped into him in B&Q about 2 years ago, and he was choosing specific screws for a job at home he was doing.  My dad jokingly said "As if you're doing the job!" and he started to talk about his winning, saying that even though it's a lot, once he finished work, all of that money is just going out of your account.  He bought his house for 400k in the early 90s, that's nearly 25% gone.  He bought a 40k landrover, bought his wife a car.  He said eventually you get scared of spending it all and that it made him reclusive. 

**** that, give me more money than I could ever spend, so I can treat everyone and do anything. £5m?  nah! :lol:

(I'd love it). 

How much do you think a decent house costs?! 

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't even "get" that with felt tip pens. It's the art equivalent of jig-saw. You knew what it was going to look like before your started

Didn't mind these so much cos the Berol felt tips you got with them lasted ages :)

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Bloody hell, you having diamond encrusted gold taps?! £1.5m in the midlands area would get you a huge place. I guess it depends on your definition of decent. The link below in your area is £850k

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-85699874.html

Would you really need anything bigger? 

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bloody hell, you having diamond encrusted gold taps?! £1.5m in the midlands area would get you a huge place. I guess it depends on your definition of decent. The link below in your area is £850k

Shit hole! 

D'ya really think I'd want to stay in and around Halesowen?  

I like it, but it's pretty low standards.

I couldn't even afford a house in St Johns Wood with all the rock stars;

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72517231.html 

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=REGION^21045&insId=1&radius=0.0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&minBedrooms=&maxBedrooms=&displayPropertyType=&maxDaysSinceAdded=&_includeSSTC=on&sortByPriceDescending=&primaryDisplayPropertyType=&secondaryDisplayPropertyType=&oldDisplayPropertyType=&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction=false

That's a page of houses in Romsley, about 2/3 miles from my house - £1m - £2m houses, and they are lovely, but they're near Halesowen! 

You win the lottery, you want a bit more than getting an extra bedroom, bigger kitchen and a decent drive, right? 

Â