Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

57 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Hologram tours.

Dead artists raking in cash for their family I presume. Not a chance I'd pay to see a hologram of someone 6 foot under. **** weird.

I wouldn't have a problem with going to a big show that uses holograms along with real acts. You could see the likes of Disney using it to tart up their shows.

I'm with you though that it is baffling people go to these concerts to watch a hologram. Do you have any idea how ticket prices compare to the live acts?

Edited by Sam-AVFC

12 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I wouldn't have a problem with going to a big show that uses holograms along with real acts. You could see the likes of Disney using it to tart up their shows.

I'm with you though that it is baffling people go to these concerts to watch a hologram. Do you have any idea how ticket prices compare to the live acts?

An example - £53 - £75 to see a holographic Whitney Houston next year in Brum. I wouldn't pay that to see her if she was alive!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Well I for one look forward to the day Whitney will be 'performing' in my home!

old man tongue GIF

If you mean Whitney Stevens, then yeah...  ;)

Edited by rjw63

On 26/09/2019 at 15:46, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Well I for one look forward to the day Whitney will be 'performing' in my home!

Not in the bathroom I hope...

• Haha 1

I don’t get why someone who is homosexual would also want to choose to be religious, given that those religions (any of them) have persecuted homosexual people since day dot.

And just for the record, I actually have zero issues with homosexuality, it’s just a contradiction I’ve always found odd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t get why someone who is homosexual would also want to choose to be religious, given that those religions (any of them) have persecuted homosexual people since day dot.

And just for the record, I actually have zero issues with homosexuality, it’s just a contradiction I’ve always found odd.

Well think of all the action you’d be missing out on if you weren’t a member of the church! 

• Haha 3

One for @bickster

Is there a new rule about the speeds private hire cars can drive?

I'm sick to death of getting stuck behind the **** in Brum driving at 27mph. And this includes 4.30am when I'm doing an early, but at least then I can blast past 'em as the roads are empty.

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

One for @bickster

Is there a new rule about the speeds private hire cars can drive?

I'm sick to death of getting stuck behind the **** in Brum driving at 27mph. And this includes 4.30am when I'm doing an early, but at least then I can blast past 'em as the roads are empty.

They'll be Ubers I reckon, not proper PHV's,

7 hours ago, bickster said:

They'll be Ubers I reckon, not proper PHV's,

It's both mate, I live right next to BHX and the roads are full of PHVs. And of course the Asda Run is always in full swing.

Just wondered if they'd had a "lower your speed" directive. It's as bad as being stuck behind a learner or a 38 tonner.

35 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It's both mate, I live right next to BHX and the roads are full of PHVs. And of course the Asda Run is always in full swing.

Just wondered if they'd had a "lower your speed" directive. It's as bad as being stuck behind a learner or a 38 tonner.

It'll be a local thing then, probably some knobbery influenced by Birminghams own dedicated Taxi Cop who seems to be rather biased towards one side of the trade

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wilco (the band). Friends who have similar tastes to me love them, the press reviews are invariably glowing and make them sound right up my street, Jeff Tweedy always does interesting interviews. I feel I ought to like them. But whenever I check out their albums they just seem rather dull and uninspiring. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

whenever I check out their albums they just seem rather dull and uninspiring

This entirely. They're all good at what they do, the drummer's excellent, for example. But the only stuff they've done I liked was really the stuff with Billy Bragg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Wilco (the band). Friends who have similar tastes to me love them, the press reviews are invariably glowing and make them sound right up my street, Jeff Tweedy always does interesting interviews. I feel I ought to like them. But whenever I check out their albums they just seem rather dull and uninspiring. 

Muso crap, Tweedy is a musicians musician, technically brilliant aurally dull

• Like 2

Â