Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

23 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Now say it properly like you mean it. :)

[head down, mumbles] - vey sor dun bad lettuce based pun, Mr Neil, Sir, won' do 'tagen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BOF said:

That Flying Tiger Copenhagen shop.

Utterly bewildering collection of absolute shite.

try the herbs and spices, surprisingly good

there's actual taste in the dried mixed herbs and half decent value in the morocco spice mix

no, really

and decent art paper for drawing and painting at a sensible price too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I was reading a scientific paper the other day, and apparently a diet rich in lettuce really benefits foot-eye coordination, so would be good for footballers. You do of course become what you eat, bit by bit. A study example they gave was former Southampton legend Matt Lettuce-ear.

I don't care how much more beneficial eating lettuce helps with your foot/eye coordination, Bicks will never be good at football wearing those shit shoes he mentioned in the "sneakers" thread :lol:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I was reading a scientific paper the other day, and apparently a diet rich in lettuce really benefits foot-eye coordination, so would be good for footballers. You do of course become what you eat, bit by bit. A study example they gave was former Southampton legend Matt Lettuce-ear.

Christian-Bale-Kiss.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blandy said:

dad-jokes-head-back.gif

• Like 1

People with stacked wallets. Was behind someone earlier who was paying for a coffee and his wallet was like this:

tenor.gif?itemid=3441119

I think I saw a National Insurance Card. The bloke was in his 40's! Why do you need to carry that! 

• Like 4

I've gone from a wallet, to deciding I don't need to carry coins, and using a slimmer wallet for just notes and cards. Then I got fed up of dealing with cash, so I just started using a card holder. Now i've just embraced mobile payments, and only carry my phone with no wallet. One fewer thing to carry around in my pocket and one less thing to lose. 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

People with stacked wallets. Was behind someone earlier who was paying for a coffee and his wallet was like this:

tenor.gif?itemid=3441119

I think I saw a National Insurance Card. The bloke was in his 40's! Why do you need to carry that! 

He should be shot. The **** loser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I've gone from a wallet, to deciding I don't need to carry coins, and using a slimmer wallet for just notes and cards. Then I got fed up of dealing with cash, so I just started using a card holder. Now i've just embraced mobile payments, and only carry my phone with no wallet. One fewer thing to carry around in my pocket and one less thing to lose. 

You're living about 5 years in the future, paving the way for the rest of us.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This sounds like the absolute end of privacy. 

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This sounds like the absolute end of privacy. 

For me it's convenient enough that I'm willing to go for it.

90% of my purchases are online anyway, any sense of privacy there is an illusion. My in person purchases are basically just food shopping. Google almost certainly harvests that data, but I can live with them knowing I spent 39.11 at Tesco.

Â