Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

My method's better, I don't watch such shite in the first place to be remotely interested and if I do come across a spoiler I wouldn't have a clue what it was on about

This. My sum total of Eastenders knowledge: 

Dot Cotton

Dirty Den & Ange 

Sharon? 

Somebody called Mitchell

Somebody called Beale

(Gleaned entirely from trailers, overheard women's conversations, and seeing the front covers of shite magazines at the supermarket checkout). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This. My sum total of Eastenders knowledge: 

Dot Cotton

Dirty Den & Ange 

Sharon? 

Somebody called Mitchell

Somebody called Beale

(Gleaned entirely from trailers, overheard women's conversations, and seeing the front covers of shite magazines at the supermarket checkout). 

We need to talk.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not me, I keep myself in the dark and refuse to read into new movies or watch trailers. One thing I do not get, why trailers nowadays show the whole fricking movie, twists and all.

It's not just these days.  Watch the Terminator 2 trailer.  It gives away that Arnie is the goodie!  The first half hour of that film is clearly shot to make you think he's the bad guy again and Robert Patrick is the protector.

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Cricket and superhero films. I dont watch or ingest anything to do with them so spoilers are not only not paid attention to. They have zero context. 

Chris-Gayle-Hulk.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Cricket and superhero films. I dont watch or ingest anything to do with them so spoilers are not only not paid attention to. They have zero context. 

you don't go to cricket to watch it .. you go to sit outside drinking beer in the sunshine without everyone think you are a pisshead

( well , until the point you gate crash a  black tie event at the oval wearing shorts and t-shirt , then everyone sorta knows your a pisshead )

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Not that I've ever had enough spare time to do it often enough, but summer afternoons watching cricket are glorious. Both Worcester's and Cardiff's pitches are superb for this.

What, even if there is still-wet paint available? I think not. 

• Like 1

The argument is that its a great place to go to and have a few pints, I stress to people that say this, I can do that at the pub, and you have to have a moderate interest in the sport to start off with. I don't get it, doesnt mean that those that do are odd. (they are though).

Summers Day, whiling the day away watching cricket, drinking a few pints... sounds great to me, just wish I had the opportunity to do it. I prefer to do it at a small ground not a county type ground, like one of our local clubs.

Bar, not over-priced, in fact often very cheap, get served whenever bit of a natter and watch the game every now and again. Would I go on a day of shit weather, not a chance. Lovely summers day at the weekend, yep if I've nothing better to do why not

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't want to sound arsey but I don't really get how general sports fans with a decent attention span and intelligence can grow up in this country and dislike cricket, especially when you add the social side of watching it too.

Cricket. 2/10 WNB. Peter. 47. Shit attention span and below average intelligence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You’re obviously not aware of the classic cricket film “The full number of overs that are scheduled to be bowled that day”.

Because remember, there’s no such thing as a draw in cricket.

• Like 4

I've got a part share of one of the posh seats at Glamorgan Sophia Gardens.

One of those ones where I can sit inside the glass watching the football on a big screen, having a decent meal, or wander outside with a drink and sit on a big comfy padded seat, under some cover and watch some cricket.

Oh yeah. 

3.gif

Except I don't go that often though, partly because I'm sharing and partly 'cos of work so I'm rarely in the right town on the right day with the right weather.

• Like 3

Â