Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

Back trouser pocket with a button on it usually

Not for me. Don't like sitting on stuff. Money in left front. Phone in right front. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Not for me. Don't like sitting on stuff. Money in left front. Phone in right front. 

too much bulky stuff in the front, how big is your wad if you don't like sitting on it ? :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
On 27/06/2018 at 00:39, BOF said:

ch.JPG

Boxing. 

Can't get into it. I know all the talk in the office tomorrow from the blokes will be about last nights boxing. I'll just keep my head down and hope i'm not asked about it! 

• Like 1

On a similar blokey trait that I don’t get. Go karting.

I’m rubbish at it, I don’t like it. I think it’s boring to watch when you’re not taking part, don’t like the sweaty crash helmet and the suit thing you have to wear. 

Thankfully I only have to deal with it on stag do’s. As it only ever rears it’s ugly head on such occasions, I can only assume other people feel the same way about it, otherwise they’d do it more often.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

On a similar blokey trait that I don’t get. Go karting.

I’m rubbish at it, I don’t like it. I think it’s boring to watch when you’re not taking part, don’t like the sweaty crash helmet and the suit thing you have to wear. 

Thankfully I only have to deal with it on stag do’s. As it only ever rears it’s ugly head on such occasions, I can only assume other people feel the same way about it, otherwise they’d do it more often.

Wannabe lewis hamiltons, just like those blokes who say they only just failed getting in to the SAS so they compensate by being FKWers at paintball.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Xela said:

Boxing. 

Can't get into it. I know all the talk in the office tomorrow from the blokes will be about last nights boxing. I'll just keep my head down and hope i'm not asked about it! 

Can you please hand in your "Laaad !!" membership on your way out please ? ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Boxing. 

100% this. And all the other 'fighting' 'sports'. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

100% this. And all the other 'fighting' 'sports'. 

I don't mind boxing so much but the UFC stuff I can't get my head around.  A video popped on my YouTube thing of flying knees to the head, which are legal.  How nobody gets killed I have no idea.

On 26/06/2018 at 10:57, mjmooney said:

THIS was the (not) good old fashioned wsy: 

uZNwH-.gif

At some point in time someone swiped your credit card and you had no idea it was the last time that would ever happen. 

I vaguely recall somewhere still using those for quite a lot time after electronic chip N pin came in. 

I saw a shop (Ted Baker)  using one of those about 6 months ago when their card machines were down, I couldn't believe it's still legal. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I saw a shop (Ted Baker)  using one of those about 6 months ago when their card machines were down, I couldn't believe it's still legal. 

Was just about to say they still have them for that very reason.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Was just about to say they still have them for that very reason.

Surely they would need to send the pimply late teen (who could probably hack into Norad) one an extensive training course just to learn how to use one! 

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

At some point in time someone swiped your credit card and you had no idea it was the last time that would ever happen. 

I vaguely recall somewhere still using those for quite a lot time after electronic chip N pin came in. 

You still get your card swiped in America and a friend of mine from there was shocked when I showed them contactless payment.

You'd expect America to be ahead of the curve in stuff like this, not using primitive methods from 1997.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You still get your card swiped in America and a friend of mine from there was shocked when I showed them contactless payment.

You'd expect America to be ahead of the curve in stuff like this, not using primitive methods from 1997.

It must be a European thing maybe? This time next year we will probably be signing agreements to pay with a quill pen and wax seal dreaming of when we will get swipe gizmos. 

American banking and paying for stuff is really old fashioned compared to ours.  I was quite shocked when I was over there. Well, not shocked.. I couldn't have give less of a shit, but I did think "we have contactless back home". 

I'm really sorry for going completely, utterly and disgracefully over the top in my description of the event. :( 

• Like 1

Â