Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Tell you what I don't get.

How some of you lot here on VT can hold down a full time job, have a family, follow every type of football under the sun, watch all the best TV on Netflix/Amazon, queue at cinemas to see new release movies...

And still have time to play **** computer RPG's.

Full Time Job? My company pay me to be on VT don't they?

As for football... meh

TV... mostly meh

Cinema? Once a year at best

Family? The missus is easily ignored, the daughter lives away

On 10/05/2018 at 08:57, Davkaus said:

I've gone from a wallet, to deciding I don't need to carry coins, and using a slimmer wallet for just notes and cards. Then I got fed up of dealing with cash, so I just started using a card holder. Now i've just embraced mobile payments, and only carry my phone with no wallet. One fewer thing to carry around in my pocket and one less thing to lose. 

61bdGGQDAZL._UL1500_.jpg

This is the closest you'll get me to using a wallet.  It protects against skimming, keeps your cards in the one (physically) protected place, and because they're not moving around individually in your pocket, the black strip remains perfect.  Job's a good'un :thumb:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BOF said:

This is the closest you'll get me to using a wallet.  It protects against skimming, keeps your cards in the one (physically) protected place, and because they're not moving around individually in your pocket, the black strip remains perfect.  Job's a good'un :thumb:

Do you actually still use the black strip for anything in .ie?

17 minutes ago, limpid said:

Do you actually still use the black strip for anything in .ie?

Well i will on occasion use my ATM card. While my debit card can tap for transactions, my old credit card cannot, and I have a bar card for my local which you pre-load. That gets swiped (some would say too often). 

On 21/05/2018 at 09:09, Stevo985 said:

They look good.

Not for all,  if they are a size too small and person in question has failed to address a colorie intake / burn off calculation you are left with legs looking like there are 20 bald heads just trying to explode out of the leg.

It all goes a bit Star Trek when they sit down as the strings of Denim can't take much more,  they are going to blow.

So not all.  Same as leggings.

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Not for all,  if they are a size too small and person in question has failed to address a colorie intake / burn off calculation you are left with legs looking like there are 20 bald heads just trying to explode out of the leg.

It all goes a bit Star Trek when they sit down as the strings of Denim can't take much more,  they are going to blow.

So not all.  Same as leggings.

Well yeah but that's the same with anything isn't it?

If a 20 stone woman squeezes herself into a size 10 Gucci dress, it'll look shit :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Well yeah but that's the same with anything isn't it?

If a 20 stone woman squeezes herself into a size 10 Gucci dress, it'll look shit :D 

Yeah but the dress does not give the idea that any excess flesh or blubber has an easy way out,  the jeans clearly give it an easy way out as there are in built exits all over them.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't remember the last time any card of mine got swiped. It's always the chip these days (I'm assuming ATMs use the chip as well?)

Well if the ATM uses the chip then it's probably only my bar card that gets swiped, and my bar card is my. most. important. card.

• Haha 2

IN fact I know ATMs use the chip (at least on my card) because the chip on my card was damaged a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work anywhere, including cash points.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

IN fact I know ATMs use the chip (at least on my card) because the chip on my card was damaged a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work anywhere, including cash points.

Right so the black strip is now only for if you ever visit the USA.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Right so the black strip is now only for if you ever visit the USA.

Or if you blow out the chip, whilst it won't work in an ATM (as per above), many stores will let you swipe and sign, in the good old fashioned way.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, choffer said:

Or if you blow out the chip, whilst it won't work in an ATM (as per above), many stores will let you swipe and sign, in the good old fashioned way.

THIS was the (not) good old fashioned wsy: 

uZNwH-.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 25/06/2018 at 11:36, BOF said:

61bdGGQDAZL._UL1500_.jpg

Where is the coin pocket on that thing? @Stevo985 was it @Stevo985 or am I loosing some form of memory recall, is it velcro sealable?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Where is the coin pocket on that thing? @Stevo985 was it @Stevo985 or am I loosing some form of memory recall, is it velcro sealable?

It's not a wallet. It's only for cards. Money goes in trouser pocket. 

13 hours ago, choffer said:

Correct, you want to try taking a payment like that on a phone and the customer has to attempt their signature with their finger. Taken a few like that recently, fortunately not had any recalls

Â