Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Are there any good Sabbath tribute acts out there. I know there are excellent Zep and Pink Floyd ones

Into the void were good but they have split up now. Sack sabbath and snowblind are two others but I've only ever heard them on YouTube. You should of got your arse to the genting the other night. My neck is still hurting from the headbanging I was doing all night. 

The australian pink floyd are at brum later in the year and I think I will go to that, and I've seen Fred Zeppelin numerous times. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

People who post selfies of themself evry other day on facebook, we know how you look like, ok? So stop it!

People who announce on Facebook that they are taking a break from it, like it's some kind of career decision. Nobody gives a shit.

Then they don't leave anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

People who post selfies of themself evry other day on facebook, we know how you look like, ok? So stop it!

Especially blokes, posing words removed.

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

People who announce on Facebook that they are taking a break from it, like it's some kind of career decision. Nobody gives a shit.

Then they don't leave anyway.

Up there with 'I've just done a cull of my Facebook friends, congrats if you're still here'

Which to me translates as 'I'm a word removed, please unfriend me now'.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm not massively into metal myself and sabbath had far more about them than just being labelled a metal band. Nah, can't say I have tbf or if I have I cant remember  :)

Adrian goldberg, fanny off radio wm, referred to them as 'the sabbs' 

I just wanted this to be something only he says so I can dislike him even more :)

Another Facebook thing I've seen a couple of times recently is videos of people having a kick around in a garden and someone steams in and does a bad tackle on someone else.  In the past few days I've seen two different blokes just flattening their girlfriends with tackles.  It must be a hilarious new 'thing' but to me it just makes them look like words removed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Adrian goldberg, fanny off radio wm, referred to them as 'the sabbs' 

I just wanted this to be something only he says so I can dislike him even more :)

I travelled up to and stood next to him at the FA Cup quarter final at Oldham in 1990. The one and only time I have ever watched Villa from the away end. 

I have to say he was a thoroughly nice fella. 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People that go and watch Villa (or any other club) every week, and spend every single minute of the game moaning.

What do they get out of it?

I find the whole modern day, super analysis culture really tiresome. 

It is epitomised by the modern football fan. Being critical of everything doesn't make you a critical thinker it makes you a depressing bore. 

How about picking the positives out a bit more?

Pies were nice and hot saturday :)

• Like 1

Â