Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

14 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I liked the first couple of Elbow albums, then went off them pretty quick. I can't remember the last time I listened to them though.

Up to and including Leaders of the free world I really liked them, since then they've done some good songs, but I've sort of lost interest. They seem like really sound people though.

I don't think I know any Elbow songs. Perhaps they're my Thom Yorke.

I've got a picture in my head of a chubby northern lad with rolled up sleeves singing something catchy but indecipherable with an orchestra behind him. 

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've got a picture in my head of a chubby northern lad with rolled up sleeves singing something catchy but indecipherable with an orchestra behind him. 

That's the badger.

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Nah, they're not even remotely on that level.  You're safe enough from ridicule for now.  But we have our eye on you.

• Like 1

I saw them live a few times, and they were pretty good. I recall seeing them at a Leeds festival once, and the girl I was with passed out, and as I caught her, knocked my (lets say hand made cigarette) out of my hand, which then got trampled on. I wasn't happy.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

There's just that annoying overused song, 'dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun'. 

I'm sure you know what I'm on about.

Isn't that the Eastenders them tune?

No, my apologies, that's 'dun, dun, dun dun dundundun' isn't it?

7 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

It's just a matter of opinion but Stereophonics are my favourite band. Even though they've produced complete shite, I've still bought everything they've ever produced. Their last album was alright considering the dirge they've peddled. 

I don't know how it happened but I've just always stuck with them.

Elbow on the other hand have had one good song and that was Grounds for Divorce.

Spot on about "Grounds For Divorce", brilliant track, the rest is like mogadon.

i am like you with The beach Boys, I have everything they ever released pretty much, and although their back catalogue is mostly good there are clunkers like 1992's "Summer In Paradise" which is absolutely **** horrendous.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Spot on about "Grounds For Divorce", brilliant track, the rest is like mogadon.

i am like you with The beach Boys, I have everything they ever released pretty much, and although their back catalogue is mostly good there are clunkers like 1992's "Summer In Paradise" which is absolutely **** horrendous.

Black Sabbath 70-78 brilliant

Black Sabbath 80-82 good

the rest of the 80s range from average to shit but that's mainly down to the vocalists they chose and also the mix of the album which has a typical 80s production. One thing I will say though  is even on the shit albums iommi's guitar work is class. 

The reunion with dio in 92 was average and then the rest of the 90s were lame but again iommi was still doing some great work but being let down with shit singers and lyrics.

Fast forward to the new sabbath album 13 which returned the band back to form even though it was never going to reach the highs of the 70s. So yeah a very mixed bad from sabbath but in my eyes anyway there is only 1 black sabbath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Black Sabbath 70-78 brilliant

Black Sabbath 80-82 good

the rest of the 80s range from average to shit but that's mainly down to the vocalists they chose and also the mix of the album which has a typical 80s production. One thing I will say though  is even on the shit albums iommi's guitar work is class. 

The reunion with dio in 92 was average and then the rest of the 90s were lame but again iommi was still doing some great work but being let down with shit singers and lyrics.

Fast forward to the new sabbath album 13 which returned the band back to form even though it was never going to reach the highs of the 70s. So yeah a very mixed bad from sabbath but in my eyes anyway there is only 1 black sabbath.

I've never been into black sabbath or metal in general but I have a question you may be able to answer. 

Do you ever, or have you ever, referred to them as 'the sabbs?'

1 hour ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I've never been into black sabbath or metal in general but I have a question you may be able to answer. 

I'm not massively into metal myself and sabbath had far more about them than just being labelled a metal band. Nah, can't say I have tbf or if I have I cant remember  :)

1 hour ago, RimmyJimmer said:

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm not massively into metal myself and sabbath had far more about them than just being labelled a metal band. Nah, can't say I have tbf or if I have I cant remember  :)

Heard them referred to as 'The Sabbath' plenty of times down the years, but never 'The Sabbs'.

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are there any good Sabbath tribute acts out there. I know there are excellent Zep and Pink Floyd ones

Â