Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I can understand it when we're losing (or winning, lol) by a couple of goals or more. Leaving early. I don't do it myself but I can understand it.

But it's insane the amount of people who stream out of VP when there's 1 goal in it. Or scores are level. 

Why?

I hear the excuse "to miss the traffic" or whatever. Which doesn't really work. Leaving such a small time earlier wouldn't make much difference anyway. Plus when there's so many people doing it, you're just as likely to be in traffic in any case.

How the heck did this thread drop to page 3?

I don't get how my kids can go into the same trainer shops week after week and look at the same trainers over and over again week after week after week. 

They are still the same blinking trainers.  Aaaggghhh. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2017 at 22:56, kurtsimonw said:

I hear the excuse "to miss the traffic" or whatever. Which doesn't really work. Leaving such a small time earlier wouldn't make much difference anyway. Plus when there's so many people doing it, you're just as likely to be in traffic in any case.

I'd disagree with that really, when I had my season ticket, If i couldn't get the day off on a Saturday sometimes I had to be in work for 5. I only had to leave a little early to get up to Walmley in time but i'd be condsiderably late if I tried to leave on the final whistle, which i did find out once as I really didn't want to leave. That would be in part from the time to get out the stand onto the concourse (took ages from my seat), and then stuck in a hell of lot more traffic.

I've rarely left early other than that and if I did it was the occasion I really had to be somewhere asap and I think once when I just couldn't watch what I was seeing any more.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Probably get shot for this..

Monty Python.

I'm ok with Monty Python, it's slightly dated middle class chuckles.

What I despise, is the **** autistics that quote sections to each other verbatim in hilarious funny voices. I've fallen out with people over it. 

• Like 2

Python are the comedy equivalent of The Beatles for me. Both massively influential, both the soundtrack of my schooldays. I loved them both with a passion. But now? Don't want to hear them again - they're embedded in my brain in every detail anyway, and they've been done to death. All The Beatles albums and all the Python DVDs sit on my shelf - and I have no desire whatsoever to play them. 

• Like 2

When I was at school our history lessons were superb because all we used to watch and listen to was monty Python and pink floyd. We used to get treated to tales from the valleys aswell because he was a Welshman.he had a bit of a temper but he was sound enough, then a few years back he got done for bedding a couple of girls in the last year of school the dirty dog.

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What I despise, is the **** autistics that quote sections to each other verbatim in hilarious funny voices. I've fallen out with people over it. 

It's perfectly OK. You just have no soul.

58 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

• Like 3

In fairness, I never got the TV series. There are a few decent sketches but it's a bit too abstract for me.

Then the meaning of life is hit and miss.

Then life of Brian is brilliant.

But Holy Grail is spectacular. I cottoned on late and now I understand why people quote it all constantly. It's just so funny in every scene.

I was going to quote some but I can't pick, it's all sublime.

Edited by darrenm
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, darrenm said:

In fairness, I never got the TV series. There are a few decent sketches but it's a bit too abstract for me.

But Holy Grail is spectacular. I cottoned on late and now I understand why people quote it all constantly. It's just so funny in every scene.

Whereas for me, the TV shows WERE Monty Python. Never much liked the idea of spinning them out into feature films. 

It's a bit like my feelings about science fiction - short stories are (were) the true medium for the greatest SF (note: NOT 'sci-fi'). Novels, less so. Film and TV, much, much less so. 

40 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Then life of Brian is brilliant

I don't get how anyone can watch this film and not piss themselves laughing. Yes we are all individuals... Ermm I'm Not! 

Incontinenta buttocks 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Agree with every single word of this.

Perfect summing up of my relationship with Python.

• Like 2

Â