Paul Lambert

limpid

For those that moan about Lambert's post match comments, he said we were very poor and our defending for the goals was unacceptable.

The response after the second goal was good.

Oh that's alright then!

You think so? You are probably the first I see hold that opinion at Villatalk.

For those that moan about Lambert's post match comments, he said we were very poor and our defending for the goals was unacceptable.

The response after the second goal was good.

Great.

Seriously, we should have got back into game give the opportunities we created in the second half. I am sure Big Sam is thanking the woodwork for the victory tonight.

Great, we may, could have, possibly gotten a draw at home to a poor West Ham side.

West Ham are on form at the moment, we are not sadly. 

They had exactly the same amount of points in their previous 6 games as us...........

I really hope these contract talks are now on hold.

Why? Do you think a new manager can do any worse?

I'll PM you the answer

Yawn. I know now that you do not have a creditable argument to put forward for sacking Lambert. Thank you "Ash".

If we lose to Cardiff, that will be extremely damaging, not only based on the table, but also based on confidence. If we get 2 loses away from home in a row, that will also ruin our away form confidence.

The warning signs has been there all season, based on our performances and general play.

Lambert have basically 2 tactics, which is:

1. Set us up in a 5-3-2 formation, in the mindset "afraid of losing" sit deep, defend the whole game and hope for a counter attacking goal.

2. Set us up in a 4-3-3 formation. There is basically no plan with this either, but it's more offensive set up. But with no wingers and with the midfield and strikers not working along, we rarely creates chances from open play. Whenever the midfielders get the ball they either have to pass it back to our defenders or just hoof it up front, because all our strikers places them self up top in the middle and "hides" there's no movement or flow with our strikers and midtfield. So again, the only way we can win playing this tactic is the counter attack which really sum us up, we are counter attack.

Edited by villalad21

If we lose to Cardiff, that will be extremely damaging, not only based on the table, but also based on confidence. If we get 2 loses away from home in a row, that will also ruin our away form confidence.

The warning signs has been there all season, based on our performances and general play.

Lambert have basically 2 tactics, which is:

1. Set us up in a 5-3-2 formation, in the mindset "afraid of losing" sit deep, defend the whole game and hope for a counter attacking goal.

2. Set us up in a 4-3-3 formation. There is basically no plan with this either, but it's more offensive set up. But with no wingers and with the midfield and strikers not working along, we rarely creates chances from open play. Whenever the midfielders get the ball they either have to pass it back to our defenders or just hoof it up front, because all our strikers places them self up top in the middle and "hides" there's no movement or flow with our strikers and midtfield. So again, the only way we can win playing this tactic is the counter attack which really sum us up, we are counter attack.

3. The formation we played today.

I thought he was supposed to be  a vibrant, exciting manager at Norwich. A another bucket load of bilge today. Again. Cardiff is a must not lose game now.  Needed another defender and midfielder in January, could be a big mistake.

Well. He has done well with promoting Norwich. But he only had one season in the top division when we hired him. He hasen't really proved that he have the potential to be a manager in the top level.

Why? Do you think a new manager can do any worse?

I'll PM you the answer

Yawn. I know now that you do not have a creditable argument to put forward for sacking Lambert. Thank you "Ash".

What more credible than your "we play better when we go 2 goals behind argument"

I fail to see any other manager in the premier league using this tactic. Maybe Mourinho should steal it

I think what goes on during a matchday speaks volumes when it comes to arguments for sacking Lambert and there are probably at least a dozen stats to back them up

This home form is appalling. Completely unacceptable. If we stop picking up points away, which is quite likely now we're coming into the important part of the season, then we are in serious trouble.

We have been flirting with the relegation ghost so many times now. This might be the year that send us down, i think our next game, Cardiff (a) will be a season key game.

This home form is appalling. Completely unacceptable. If we stop picking up points away, which is quite likely now we're coming into the important part of the season, then we are in serious trouble.

The home form is shocking. That is a sackable offence on its own

Why? Do you think a new manager is going to do any better?

Yes I do. Even someone like Gianfranco Zola would get more out of these players than Lambert.

But its too late now anyway. Your idol will be here taking us through another season of mediocrity, so you need not worry. He's Lerner's perfect yes man and won't rock the boat. I'm not sure the fans will follow this crap much longer though. I'm certainly not going back if he gets offered another contract on this display.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

The home form is shocking. That is a sackable offence on its own

It's been appalling under various managers. Good post-match from Lambert wasn't afraid to criticise the silly mistakes.

• Like 1

What more credible than your "we play better when we go 2 goals behind argument"

All I am saying we had chances to equal the score. Why is that bad? I was ecstatic when we went two nil behind, obviously. 

I think what goes on during a matchday speaks volumes when it comes to arguments for sacking Lambert and there are probably at least a dozen stats to back them up

Who is this great manager to come in and rejuvenate the club? I want to know. The truth is there is nobody that will improve us. If you want Lambert out and a better manager in, Lerner needs to sell the club ASAP.

Â