Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert's style isn't as rigid as Allardyce or Pulis. We do sometimes play long ball (especially this season) but far from all the time.

How can you say this?

From watching games.

Well you obviously aren't watching the Palace game. cause they are looking better than us today!

Lambert's style isn't as rigid as Allardyce or Pulis. We do sometimes play long ball (especially this season) but far from all the time.

How can you say this?
From watching games.

Then I have to question what you're watching or your memory of games.

2/20 for long balls per game.

Stats don't tell the full story.

That's not to say I don't think we resort to long ball a fair bit, I just don't think it's as bad as some make out.

The villa job is just too big for Lambert. He is failing given the pressures and demands of a club of our size and facing the challenges that it does at the moment. Football is littered with similar stories over the years and will no doubt be so again in the years to come.

Lambert does not the right skills needed, we see that time and time again through his tenure as villa boss. There is no evidence to suggest that he can succeed either, and despite as many blind faith platitudes on forums like this.

So Paul just go, depart, leave, thanks for the very few good times and good luck in whatever club decides to have a punt on you.

You could well be right Ian.

The biggest defense I can put up for Lambert though is this. You take out the wages of Bent, Ireland, Hutton, Given and NZogbia, none of whom have kicked a ball for us this season and are likely to again, then we will comfortably have one of the lowest player wage bills in the league. Therefore as with many things in life you get what you pay for and it is no surprise to me that we have assembled a squad of triers lacking in quality.

You could put any manager in charge of us at present but with our finances, and the players that allows you to attract, we will still be lower table fodder. The only thing that may be different is the standard/style of football which far too often this season has been dire.

Mark I am not excusing lerners approach mate, but Lambert has a job and just isnt up to it. I am not convinced that the oft used money one is actually valid either because so many of the mistakes he makes are fundamental. Even if he had a decent budget i think he would make the same mistakes and while some would still blame anyone but lambert the club would never prosper with him in charge. He should go, let him prove that many villa fans are wrong and he can actually do the job and doesnt need a transfer budget akin to man city to succeed.

• Like 2

How can you say this?
From watching games.

That's not to say I don't think we resort to long ball a fair bit, I just don't think it's as bad as some make out.

By some do you mean people on here or neutrals that put together stats from games around the world?

How can you argue with them?

How can you say this?
From watching games.

By some do you mean people on here or neutrals that put together stats from games around the world?

How can you argue with them?

You don't seem to have read my post at all.

The villa job is just too big for Lambert. He is failing given the pressures and demands of a club of our size and facing the challenges that it does at the moment. Football is littered with similar stories over the years and will no doubt be so again in the years to come.

Lambert does not the right skills needed, we see that time and time again through his tenure as villa boss. There is no evidence to suggest that he can succeed either, and despite as many blind faith platitudes on forums like this.

So Paul just go, depart, leave, thanks for the very few good times and good luck in whatever club decides to have a punt on you.

You could well be right Ian.

The biggest defense I can put up for Lambert though is this. You take out the wages of Bent, Ireland, Hutton, Given and NZogbia, none of whom have kicked a ball for us this season and are likely to again, then we will comfortably have one of the lowest player wage bills in the league. Therefore as with many things in life you get what you pay for and it is no surprise to me that we have assembled a squad of triers lacking in quality.

You could put any manager in charge of us at present but with our finances, and the players that allows you to attract, we will still be lower table fodder. The only thing that may be different is the standard/style of football which far too often this season has been dire.

Not sure about this Markavfc. Maybe another manager could keep us more consistant like the football played against Liverplop, west Brom and others. the quality is there we just rarely see it. Also maybe another manager might know his best tactics first 11 after nearly 2 seasons in charge

• Like 1

The football is poor without question, I agree with you on that Drat. The home form is beyond hopeless and in fairness is a sackable offence just as it was for McLeish.

But given the constraints when we're 10th how many clubs above us should we really be finishing above realistically?

We were 10th about 10 hours ago so it's hardly an alien position.

When we were 10th in our present state how many teams above us should we be finishing above....Southampton and....

Should we be finishing above Southampton? With the money they've spent and the squad they've got I'm not so sure.

You said we sometimes play long ball and its not as bad as people make out.

The fact is that only 1 team in the league play more long balls on average a game.

I also said stats don't tell the full story.

Haha

I agree stats don't always tell the full story. However with the simple lool at the amount of long balls we play I'm not sure how they don't tell the full story.

I'm open to your explaination though.

The fact is that only 1 team in the league play more long balls on average a game.

Haha

I agree stats don't always tell the full story. However with the simple lool at the amount of long balls we play I'm not sure how they don't tell the full story.

Explain how the amount of long balls tells the full story for style of play.

I suppose if he had another 50 mill to spend he might have been able to beat Sheffield United at home in the cup

Proof the manager is tactically inept. had no idea how to beat these League 1 cloggers.

Not that it didn't piss me off, but Premier League teams losing to lower league teams is hardly rare.

Edited by Mantis

We were 10th about 10 hours ago so it's hardly an alien position.

When we were 10th in our present state how many teams above us should we be finishing above....Southampton and....

But it's not about sitting in 10th half way through the league and that's one some of us have said.

Haha

Explain how the amount of long balls tells the full story for style of play.

Er....it shows how many long balls we play?

Â