Paul Lambert

limpid

The defenders are not to blame for our crap attacking, when we have a poor defence then surely the best way to defend is to attack. we sit back and invite teams to attack us, it is pretty obvious we will let a few in.

The main problem is the complete lack of midfield. Lambert is a champions league winning midfielder, you'd think he could assemble one???

Not on the money Scrooge McLerner gives.

KEA, Westwood and Sylla are complete dog turd though. Limited budget or not, were they the best 3. Dare I say it Bannan is better than all of them

They are not an improvement on Bannan, Bannan offered nothing in the games he played. If we had spent the money for them on one midfielder (£5m) it still isn't enough to get good quality and it would leave us with two less players in midfield. Unfortunately this is the sort of decision Lambert has to make. :(

Bad day at the office. We should have really scored quite a few in the second half.

Quite a few bad days at the office

If we continue to have these "bad days at the office" we will be playing championship football next season

Which i suppose is what we deserve considering we have a championship manager being backed by championship ambition

That happens when your the first choice CB pair are injured for a long period, we miss them both badly.

That's what happens when your first choice defender is extremely injury prone and you don't buy backs ups in the transfer window.

Exactly....but we did nothing about it. I don't care if we tried. If that is the case we did not try hard enough.

• Like 1

Why talk about offering him a contract niw. Wait till the summer if not this time next year.

I don't think we really will, for me the story came out to soon after the takeover story.

Either that, or the process has been sped up to deflect from the same story.

Yes, this is a deflection.

Him getting a new contract will just suck the remaining 10% of Villa life I have left in me.

3 months more of this guy is horrible to anticipate, but 3 more years?! Please Randy, if you are going to sell, make not giving him a contract a leaving present.

• Like 1

In my opinion our problems are 100% down to tactics, the constant need to have a big man up front and hoof it, the passing round the defence ending in a hoof from BG. the lack of movement and ability to find space. the inability to beat a man and pull defenses out of position. the slow pace we play. all tactics and faults that can be changed,  

The defenders are not to blame for our crap attacking, when we have a poor defence then surely the best way to defend is to attack. we sit back and invite teams to attack us, it is pretty obvious we will let a few in.

The main problem is the complete lack of midfield. Lambert is a champions league winning midfielder, you'd think he could assemble one???

Not on the money Scrooge McLerner gives.

Sorry but i just do not buy this reason, even the lower league teams show better skills in midfield, more passion and seem to know how to play, they do not cost millions so why do our players play so bad.

And the blame for that lies with Lambert. It is his team and our midfield bar Delph is entirely his purchases (not counting when Gabby and Weimann play there). Either he has bought shit or he is not managing them effectively.

The first observation is partly true, the second is definitely the case.

• Like 1

Our pathetic Villa park performances should not be allowed to continue. The teams continous ability to switch off at crucial times, Our lack of running off the ball and tactical naivety is down to Lambert and his coaching team.  A poor West Ham easily beat us today because Big Sam nullified our threat. Lambert cannot adapt mid match quick enough. 

Also add this to the catastrophe of not getting in another centre half in January, everybody else apart from Lambert can see that without Vlaar in the back line we are a defeat waiting to happen. Okore even if back playing shortly wont be match sharp for awhile and with Vlaar picking up niggles every few weeks i just hope Lamberts stupid defensive gamble doesnt cost us too much.

• Like 4

The problem is we pass the ball around at the back to try and draw the opposition out, teams know this and do not fall for the bait, we play slow football allowing defenders tim to get into position, we have one man in the middle marked by two defenders. we have to change the way we play at home. away from home we rely on speed to pull defenders out of position and it works. any man and his dog can see the problem so why the hell can our proffessional staff not see it or show the ability to change it.

Why the **** is he being offered a new contract, bore off back to Norwich. Utterly clueless I do a better job on FM with the same budget he has to play with. First thing I did was sell Joe Bennett, Alexsander Tonev and Jordan Bowery, didn't manage to recoup the 6.5m we originally spent on them though  <_<

Because FM is clearly as easy as real life management?

What did Bennett do wrong today?

• Like 1

Lambert out - another clueless display at home for Villa and our manager outdone by Big Sam.

Just not good enough.

I had to laugh when Big Sam bought on another striker at half time

Even he was surprised how shit we actually are and realised he paid us far too much respect

• Like 1

Lambert out - another clueless display at home for Villa and our manager outdone by Big Sam.

Just not good enough.

I had to laugh when Big Sam bought on another striker at half time

Even he was surprised how shit we actually are and realised he paid us far too much respect

Another striker? It was a like for like switch.

Awful today, I really fail to see what they do on the training ground. It's like they are just told this is the team go out and play, without any further coaching or instruction.

Midfield were totally anonymous as was gabby. Benteke had no decent balls around the penalty area.

I said in the car on the way in that Holt would come on after 70 mins, loe and behold there he was, it's like it's set in stone he has to come on irrelevant of the situation.

It was obvious after 30 mins that west ham were looking to run in behind lowton yet we didn't counter it. It was also obvious we had no width even though the west ham left back was really slow. Kudos to Albrighton when he came on, but it should have happened at half time.

Not calling for lamberts head as yet, only because it is a risk bringing in a new manager at this stage of the season and knowing our board they would take a long time to bring in a new man. However, there should be absolutely no talks of a new contract and if current form continues a new manager should be in in the summer.

• Like 1

On our pathetic home performances alone Lambert should be sacked.

We have been turned over by the worst clubs in the league at times when they are on their worst runs of form and depleted with injuries.

Palace, Fullham, West Ham, Stoke and drawn with others.

We are so hard to predict, we'll play like a top 8 team against Liverpool but somehow never learn what we do well or what we don't do enough of and that is the manager's fault completely.

Â