Paul Lambert

limpid

If we aren't safe by the Palace game, I'll start really doubting him, I still think we'll beat Cardiff and will be well clear of relegation.

Awful today, I don't really see what he could have done to prevent their goals though, no excuses though, we were shite. His major **** up was not getting a "No 10" in January, even Hoolahan could have really helped us today.

Does he control the budget?

There isn't, wasn't, won't be a pot to piss in under Lerner.

Its not all about the budget. We draw against Liverpool. Come back and beat West Brom. Its Tactics, Lambert is very poor Tactically. Should have easily beat this poor west Ham team today. If he set up wide from the start, we could have had the game in our pocket!!

Stop blaming budgets, start admitting, Lambert is  very inept tactically.

Our form against Liverpool has nothing to do with the comment: His major **** up was not getting a "No 10" in January

If we aren't safe by the Palace game, I'll start really doubting him, I still think we'll beat Cardiff and will be well clear of relegation.

Awful today, I don't really see what he could have done to prevent their goals though, no excuses though, we were shite. His major **** up was not getting a "No 10" in January, even Hoolahan could have really helped us today.

A number 10 wouldn't have stopped the goals going in. Keep it at 0-0 and you've got a chance. Bringing in holt was the worse possible signing he could have made. Wrong position, shite player.

No, but one may have helped score in the first half. My point wasn't a "No 10" would have prevent them scoring, but we would have been more able to break them down first half.

This is why the whole '10th place' argument a few weeks back was rubbish. Our performances are worrying.

Totally agree, 10th was not safety this season. Points proved this. But no one was listening BJ!!

Of course they didn't. It's easier to point to the table and stick your head in the sand.

• Like 3

Lambert should be sacked. We need the lift a new manager can bring.

And then? After the 'lift' wears off? 

We buy some great new players? No money.

We rebuild on pennies? Oh wait..

You're right. Lambert is the best man for whatever job Lerner is asking a manager to do.

Maybe after the "lift" wears off we actually become a competitive Premiership team.

Nobody knows what a new manager would bring, but keeping the current one doesn't look like it will bring anything good right about now.

Bipolar villa talk strikes again

It's almost as if the forum is comprised of thousands of members each of whom has their own opinion.

I would suggest it's more like a hive mind of sheep with the odd person with the ability to form their own opinion. Nice use of sarcasm though

This is why the whole '10th place' argument a few weeks back was rubbish. Our performances are worrying.

Totally agree, 10th was not safety this season. Points proved this. But no one was listening BJ!!

Of course they didn't. It's easier to point to the table and stick your head in the sand.

Agreed, now just a 4 point lead which is nothing. 3 of those teams Stoke, Norwich and Fulham all below us still, have the massive advantage of having to come to Villa Park yet too to collect their free gift of 3 points so it's not looking too promising

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Look at what Poyet is doing with Sunderland. Bottom of the league, installed some simple tactics to get them playing and install some confidence, show the fans something, get them cheering.

Lambert has showed me nothing other than expect to be disappointed 7 times out of 10. Sometimes a new manager can walk into a shit team and get em playing.

Â