Paul Lambert

limpid

The truth is this is opinion and can never be proven right nor wrong due to too many unknowns and variables.  But given there are around 200k football clubs in the world each with a manager or coach it is statistically highly unlikely you are correct.

Be specific. Who would you like and think can do a better job than Lambert?
  • Like 1

He needs to be signing two creative midfielders this summer. I will properly judge him then. If the football's still rubbish I'm all for sacking him.

So yeah hopefully this new contract will ban him from signing any more left backs (not counting Bertrand) and more 6ft + striker lumps.

He also needs Okore and Vlaar to be fit together for a consistent run of games.

And that would make up for an absent midfield and attack how exactly?

It will make us less vulnerable defensively and that is a good start, no? We need investment in the midfield, I agree with you.

The truth is this is opinion and can never be proven right nor wrong due to too many unknowns and variables. But given there are around 200k football clubs in the world each with a manager or coach it is statistically highly unlikely you are correct.

hooray there it is, blimey its a bit late but like night following day we see that quite frankly BS justification re Lambert trotted out.

Ok lets play that game I say Fred Bloggs you say no he's crap, how does that work again. Maybe you can show us why Lambert should be kept given the awful performances,the losses to lower league clubs, the record defeats, the record negative runs on things like clean sheets. What would you say about the way it seems the youth policy seems to be going backwards. Etc etc etc.

I appreciate you are playing the VT crowd a bit here, but seriously even you must be somewhat embarrassed by what is happening at VP these days especially in the items that Lambert has influence over

• Like 2

The truth is this is opinion and can never be proven right nor wrong due to too many unknowns and variables.  But given there are around 200k football clubs in the world each with a manager or coach it is statistically highly unlikely you are correct.

Somebody will suggest a name, to which you'll reply "but why would they come to Villa" or similar.  All a bit pointless really.

Pointless it is. 

Somebody will suggest a name, to which you'll reply "but why would they come to Villa" or similar.  All a bit pointless really.

Pointless it is. 

Just as pointless as moaning and calling for him to be sacked right now then I guess

• Like 1

See above.

Midfield was again non existant today. Lambert needs to sort this home form. I see no reason to allow him a new contract if he cant start correcting our home form, its baffling??

All you guys still blaming the budget is also baffling to me. We have seen performances from our team, top football. Take the Liverpool game recently, we was all wondering if it was the Villa playing. Its all about the consistancey. This is down to Lambert. 100% the home form is down to Lambert. If after nearly 2 seasons he cant improve the home form, who are we to blame.

This team can perform, yes we need quality, but its no excuse for the poor defeat today. We should not be losing to teams like West Ham, Sheffield united. Its poor poor tactics that make these loses. I really cannot see why people still support Lambert after 1 or 2 great perfomances then this dour awful clueless football we played today. No excuses, not Budget, not players.

• Like 1

be careful there arent any thorns in those straws you keep grasping. 

I am not grasping anything, I will still support Aston Villa whether Lambert is here or not. I think it will be wrong to sack Lambert at this time, is that okay?

How the heck do you know what okore will do, he has never really played for us so its guess work. 

He was excellent against Chelsea and Liverpool for us, and he played very well in the Champions League last year. He is a quality player IMO.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Ok I will take the bait

John Gregory

Graham Turner

Nigel Clough

Martin Jol

All gettable and all better than lambert

• Like 2

Midfield was again non existant today. Lambert needs to sort this home form. I see no reason to allow him a new contract if he cant start correcting our home form, its baffling??

All you guys still blaming the budget is also baffling to me. We have seen performances from our team, top football. Take the Liverpool game recently, we was all wondering if it was the Villa playing. Its all about the consistancey. This is down to Lambert. 100% the home form is down to Lambert. If after nearly 2 seasons he cant improve the home form, who are we to blame.

This team can perform, yes we need quality, but its no excuse for the poor defeat today. We should not be losing to teams like West Ham, Sheffield united. Its poor poor tactics that make these loses. I really cannot see why people still support Lambert after 1 or 2 great perfomances then this dour awful clueless football we played today. No excuses, not Budget, not players.

I have said that I will give him to the summer window, and I will, but what you say above is absolutely right, it is down to Lambert.

And this is also why I think the club should not be looking at his contract until at least the summer. That decision is just crazy.

• Like 1

That list is terribly depressing.

Gregory has done nothing of note since he left us all those years ago. Jol doesnt have the fight for relegation scraps and likes to spend money we dont have, Nigel Clough hasnt really impressed me a great deal but he could surprise us all i guess. Graham Turner a Villa old boy stab in the dark really.

He needs to be signing two creative midfielders this summer. I will properly judge him then. If the football's still rubbish I'm all for sacking him.

So yeah hopefully this new contract will ban him from signing any more left backs (not counting Bertrand) and more 6ft + striker lumps.

Yep. I have been a fan of Westwood, but his peformances have got worse this season. Other than being tidy he offers little protection or creativity at the moment. I hope he comes good but if we had some half decent players around he would have been dropped from the starting XI by now.

• Like 1

We should start the new season with a new manager period!!!! Who this should be, im not sure, but give some of us fans a scouting job for 6 months and im sure we could find one with the credentials we need. In the end its not our job to suggest new managers and its not some fans job to say because we cant think of no one better, there cant be no one out there??

My defence and my opinion is, after watching many games, Lambert, unlike other managers even below us in the League, finds it very hard to judge other teams tactics. Most of the time our tactics seem to be very random,he don't seem to even know his best 11 yet??  Only once or twice does he properly get it right, Liverpool for example, but to be fair even then he had no plan B. Everton last week??? He had no idea how to keep the lead. Even we know you cannot shut up shop for the whole of a second half, Allardyce even knows that i.e today he did'nt park the bus immediately after the 2 goals.

He also changes us tactically much to late in a game, makes subs when the game is almost over, strange changes i.e Bertrand today.

For this reason you have to believe someone else could make this team into a winning force. We know its far from the best team in the premiership, but we have seen the quality, the entertainment. Its just very very rare that we see it under Lambert!!

Still think we should wait until the end of the season to judge him. When we have Vlaar we're fairly decent side - it's just that without him we completely implode. I guess Lambert has to share some of the blame for our reliance on Vlaar.

• Like 2

Ok I will take the bait

John Gregory

Graham Turner

Nigel Clough

Martin Jol

All gettable and all better than lambert

....Until they lose a game.  ;)

Still desperate for players between the lines. Need a defensive midfielder, need an attacking midfielder. Should have sorted it in January.

It wont change under Lambert, We will always be shite at home and amazingly inconsistant Unlike some people I wont change my opinion if we beat Cardiff 2 3 4 nil next week. The shite will never go away under this manager.

• Like 3

Â