Paul Lambert

limpid

Was on Talk Sport earlier. I couldn't understand a word he was saying apart from when he was asked if he was ready to get back into management, he said "I'm ready to go again"

• Like 1

Something like the Sheff Weds job would've been ideal, surprised he wasn't linked to that as they've just had a takeover and he'd probably have a statue built of himself if he got them back to the Premier league.

I await with interest where he pops up next.

Maybe he just liked him as a person. Would that actually be such a crime?

Not a crime but makes me wonder if the poster is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome!  :D

He presided over the worst football at Villa most of us can ever remember and while I don't harbour any ill feelings against the man on a personal level (I'm sure he is a decent chap), no other football club or fans should have to suffer his appalling, insipid, eye bleedingly awful brand of 'football' ever again. Apart from small heath. Or Newcastle. 

Thing is, he's not like McLeish in that he has a consistent track record of playing dour negative football and in fact we were actually quite attacking in his first season. For whatever reason though he just gradually got more and more negative here to the point where scoring a single goal was rare. I actually think that if he goes somewhere else and has less pressure on him the football will be closer to his Norwich/early Villa days.

• Like 1

We'll likely find out whether the prohibitive financial restrictions he agreed to work under for Lerner were the reason for our eventual style of play, because as has been said he was not a defensive manager up to that point in his career or in his earlier days at Villa. I'm still a fan and look forward to seeing him back in football. Hopefully in England.

• Like 4

We'll likely find out whether the prohibitive financial restrictions he agreed to work under for Lerner were the reason for our eventual style of play, because as has been said he was not a defensive manager up to that point in his career or in his earlier days at Villa. I'm still a fan and look forward to seeing him back in football. Hopefully in England.

maybe but it hasnt stopped Sherwood playing a more expansive style with the same players though. Still think that Christmas 2012 nightmare think was 15 goals in 3 games rattled any of his swashbuckling confidence as about 2 games before that we played Liverpool off the park

I think he'll be linked with or get the job of whichever of the newly promoted prem teams sack their manager first.

Bournemouth aren't sacking Eddie Howe anytime soon, Watford don't want to employ British managers which leaves Norwich.................nah championship club for sure.

• Like 2

Can't see his next job being in the prem. He's had one decent season as a manager at that level.  After taking away pretty much any enjoyment I had to go and watch my team I don't really wish him well for the future.  

I think he'll be linked with or get the job of whichever of the newly promoted prem teams sack their manager first.

Bournemouth aren't sacking Eddie Howe anytime soon, Watford don't want to employ British managers which leaves Norwich.................nah championship club for sure.

I should have said a struggling team. Can see him popping up at Leicester or Sunderland or somebody like that.

Edited by Stevo985

Can't see his next job being in the prem. He's had one decent season as a manager at that level. After taking away pretty much any enjoyment I had to go and watch my team I don't really wish him well for the future.

Nice guy.

Nothing like the Villa job to break the career of a manager.

I think it says a lot about both the size of the club and just how badly we've under performed that the last time someone took a manager from us it was England 25 years ago.

• Like 1

We are a bit of a poisoned chalice for manages :P 

A huge history and fans with high expectations combined with no money or recent success.

Not a great combination for a manager signing up, it's no surprise that it's been a couple of years before a manager has gone on to better things after managing us. 

There will be a few chairmen who will rate his performance with us for the first two seasons just keeping us in the league whilst sorting out the finances. If you break it down, last season is really the only all out failure in his managerial career when you take in what he was expected to achieve by those above him. If I were him I'd look to work abroad for a bit like McClaren and Moyes.

Can't see his next job being in the prem. He's had one decent season as a manager at that level. After taking away pretty much any enjoyment I had to go and watch my team I don't really wish him well for the future.

Nice guy.

Thanks, I really am.

Â