Paul Lambert

limpid

Consistently underachieved as villa manager and fully deserved to be sacked. Problem is they left it too late. We need a miracle to stay up with only 13 games left.

Seriously? There's 13 games left and we're in the bottom 3 on goal difference and 2 points away from 15th with potentially 5 winnable games coming up and we can hope for a bit of a 'new manager syndrome' to help us out with a pretty decent squad compared to the teams around us...not exactly walking on water territory just yet
  • Like 2

Yup, shouldn't be a big ask to keep us up for anyone really. No fancy stuff, play your position, know your role, move off the ball, give options, get it in the box. The things lambert evidently didn't push them to do

• Like 2

Consistently underachieved as villa manager and fully deserved to be sacked. Problem is they left it too late. We need a miracle to stay up with only 13 games left.

Seriously? There's 13 games left and we're in the bottom 3 on goal difference and 2 points away from 15th with potentially 5 winnable games coming up and we can hope for a bit of a 'new manager syndrome' to help us out with a pretty decent squad compared to the teams around us...not exactly walking on water territory just yet
I agree.. It shouldn't be a massive climb.. First couple of games will be there deciding vote for me.

Good luck Paul.

Is it just me or does it feel like a break up with a girl you're still fond of, but just not in love with anymore? I think it's best we see other people.

The comparison works for me.

We can thank him for saving us from relegation twice, turning around the careers of the likes Hutton, Delph, Guzan, others and for leaving us with an half decent squad. You never know he might do well for himself  in Germany and when we've been taken over maybe we'll be in a position to bring him back. It's a funny old game.

Edit: Actually the last part is perhaps a little far fetched, let's just see what the new guy can do before we think of Lambert returning.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Â