Paul Lambert

limpid

He should have been sacked last summer after just about staying up but instead the club were way too hasty giving him a new 3 year deal and in the end it has cost them. Now we are up the creek trying to recruit a new manager. Again you have to look at how the club is being run and say we deserve to go down. It starts at the top with a clueless, absentee owner and goes from there. Until he leaves then I fear for the club. 

Also I wonder if there was a clause in his contract that stated that he could be sacked if we were in the relegation zone without being paid compensation? That would have been intelligent.

Edited by villa89

I will always remember when Lambert switched the home & away dugouts so that the Villa team would be closer to the Holte End. At that point I thought we were in for a really good couple of years. I also remember talk of how we would cope when Man United would come in for him :lol:

Shame how it's all turned out. 

i think he always conducted himself admirably and genuinely did recognise the "futble clubbs histre" (football club's history in english) and his role here but ultimately it was a lack of tactical nous that was the downfall, not financial restrictions. he is a good spotter of players (bar some duffs) and would make a great scout but he couldnt motivate or change things when he needed to and that was the problem. 

i feel relief for us and him now its over. onwards and upwards and i wish him the best

• Like 2

What a great statement, he always spoke very highly of us and protected his players 100% in public. He succeeded in a lot of his initial objectives, he was unlucky to be given the helm at such a shit point in our history and didn't manage to benefit from his own good work.

Top bloke though and the people giving him dogs abuse need to wake up a bit and see the reality that he really loved this club and did his best for us.

What a great statement. It was a seriously tough job. In any role where you're behind the 8 ball from the start even the best candidates will run out of road. He certainly did in the end and it's in the best interests of the club and Paul Lamberts career and health (he looks shocking!) that it ends now.

He survived the challenge Randy laid down for him for probably longer than even Randy expected so well done for that. He now deserves a chance at success in his career from here on in.

If we get the new manager bounce and it keeps us up this season that's great but make no mistake our problems aren't going to be solved by this appointment. 

• Like 1

Â