Paul Lambert

limpid

Its interesting how a statement can change peoples perspective so quickly

If you look back in this thread, from comments this morning and last night before this statement, many people were saying good things then, too. He had to go, for the good uf us and him, but I still feel a bit sad about it all, like a relationship that didn't work out in the end, but you still have a great dealing of feeling for them and feel sorry that for some reason, it didn't quite work. 

All the best Paul! :thumb:  :cheers:

• Like 2

Its interesting how a statement can change peoples perspective so quickly

If you look back in this thread, from comments this morning and last night before this statement, many people were saying good things then, too. He had to go, for the good uf us and him, but I still feel a bit sad about it all, like a relationship that didn't work out in the end, but you still have a great dealing of feeling for them and feel sorry that for some reason, it didn't quite work. 

All the best Paul! :thumb:  :cheers:

Agree with that, it all does feel a bit weird and i think thats because we all wanted him and we desperately wanted it to work.

i actually feel like a rocket polisher for saying lamebert now, so i apologise paul for that. classy statement from him. despite everything has not slagged the fans or been bitter at all.  wish him nothing but the best for the future. i hope he succeeds at his next job. welcome back any time

good luck lambo

also goes to show what a clown lerner is making him work under these conditions

LMA STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF PAUL LAMBERT

I am extremely proud to have managed Aston Villa, a founder member of the Football League, and this sentiment will always remain with me.

My initial remit was to conduct a massive overhaul of the playing squad, lower the overall wage structure of the playing staff and achieve this whilst keeping the club in the Barclays Premier League.

There was also a concerted effort to purchase and develop younger players who would provide a solid footing for the football club to move forward and enhance the value of the playing squad in the future.

When I came on board the club's owner, Randy Lerner, warned me that I was embarking on the toughest challenge of my working life and he was not wrong.

But I have never stepped away from hard work and I put my heart and soul into the job from my first day until my last.

There are many people throughout my time at Aston Villa to whom I owe a great debt of gratitude.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Randy Lerner for not only providing me with the opportunity to manage one of the most illustrious clubs in world football but also for the support and friendship he offered me throughout my time at the club.

I'd also like to place on record my appreciation to Paul Faulkner who conducted affairs at the club with unstinting integrity and constant dignity during his tenure as Chief Executive.

I leave behind some wonderful people at both Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park and express my gratitude for their dedication and loyalty. A special mention must also go to my coaching staff for their commitment.

To the players, my sincere thanks to each and every one of them. They are a fantastic group of players and I wish them every success for the rest of their playing careers. I hope to see many of them achieve great things in the game.

Finally, I pay tribute to the supporters who are among the most passionate I have ever encountered. They rightly hold huge expectations for their beloved football club and I sincerely hope they are rewarded with the success they deserve.

I completely understand their frustrations and always shared their view that the football club is too big not to be competing at the top end of the table. I hope that can happen.

You never stop learning in football management and I certainly believe the invaluable experience from my time as Villa manager will prove hugely beneficial in the next stage of my managerial career.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1skkf8q

There's one thing that can certainly be said for Paul Lambert - he knew what a sleeping giant Aston Villa Football Club is. Fair play to him for showing such dignity after losing his job. It cannot have been easy for him knowing that no matter what he tried he couldn't turn it around. We will never know whether he would or wouldn't have turned it around this season. I hope for his sake that his next club have a better owner who gives him better support.

It was right to sack Lambert following the season we have had but, I doubt that many Villa fans will argue that he has had a tough job to do here.

Good luck for the future Paul!

The scope he had at Villa was never going to work long term, in fairness it went as far as it realistically could.

Stripping the squad of (high earning) experienced players and replacing them with (cheaper) youngsters can only work for so long without putting the club in real danger of relegation.

I think most people in football will consider he did a decent job having read that statement and we won't struggle too much to get a new gig.

Shame he joined Villa at the wrong time, a couple of years before and could have been a different story.

Good Luck Paul i am saddened to see you leave tbh even though i know at this moment it is the right thing to do, i hope the next manager as has much respect for the Villa as you did.

for all the plaudits and ithink he's leaving with far more dignity than coudve been exopected, he has chosen to not play hutton / bent etc for large periods. yes they are on large wages but if you have to pay them you may as well play them. didnt really work and then doing a total change of mind with hutton didnt make him look the most organised. hope he does well elsewhere, it had just run its course.

many more managers may have reached the results we have recently but other clubs make the decision to fire quicker than we have. 

It seems he has actually been a success for the most part, he delivered what Randy wanted up until the last few weeks. It just seems that he has got mentally shot and the team have been heading one way, but he leaves a good squad and many managers would have got us relegated the last couple of years under the same circumstances. We had to make the decision and I think Lambert knows the same. Celtic would be a great job for him, I hope he does well wherever he goes and maybe could come back one day when we've got new owners and he's learnt a bit more.

I really liked that statement from Lambert. He tried his best but just wasn't good enough and somethings things go so far as to needing a fresh start. We've all been there when a change in our career was needed that circumstances meant no matter how much we'd learnt from our mistakes we could only show that with a fresh start.

I hope his legacy is the team he built on a shoestring. Whoever takes over and suddenly gets success has to give credit to the team Lambert put together. His failing were in tactics and coaching etc.. but his skill in finding a player I believe has left us in a sounder position than many outside our club realise. 

We need someone who can motivate and with some skill with tactics to come in. I'd LOVE O'Neill to come back because his skill was the opposite of Lamberts. If could have had them as combination we'd do very well. 

All the best Paul

Interesting that he thanked Faulkner for his dignity and integrity, but not the current CEO.

I thought that, too.

Probably because Faulkner never pulled the trigger

Â