Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Should've been dropped weeks ago, but if he does stay in the side I'll put it down to the ineptitude of our manager rather than speculating over a clause.

Well, to be fair, if this mythical clause is actually true, then it also reflects very poorly on the manager, so I don't see the difference. 

Why?

Because he shouldn't have signed a player that he was contractually bound to play come rain or shine, poor form or not. Look, I was excited about Cleverley too, but he had just been a poor performer in a side that finished outside the European places, he was hardly a guaranteed hit. If the contract thing is true - and I've said why I doubt it numerous times in this thread - then yes, it was a poor decision from the manager and I don't see why it's unreasonable to say, in retrospect, he got it wrong. If the contract thing isn't true, then we're just left with the conundrum of why he keeps picking Cleverley even though his post-Christmas form has been atrocious. 

Good stat!

I was working at Old Trafford probably just before that 57 hour count began. Cleverley bombed a phenomenal cross as Utd completed a 3-2 comeback v Braga.

I think it remains the most impressive thing he has done in football.

I'd far rather have a Sanchez who drops a few clangers simply because he gets stuck in, than a Cleverley who avoids making mistakes by doing nothing. How much does he get paid, again?

• Like 1

Ok maybe there is a clause. How is he starting again? Add this to the very long list of why PL should be sacked.

There has to be. I don't rate Lambert at all these days but even he wouldn't play him week in week out unless he had to.

He's done ok.

He's just a very non descript player. He keeps the ball and passes it 5 yards. 

It's kind of fine if you're playing a bit of tiki taka, but he's not what we need in general, let alone a game like today.

He's never going to do anything today that will win us the game

Â