Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I don't see how there could be such a clause.  It's ridiculous and how could it be enforced? If lambert drops him what happens? They take him back? Hardly a punishment.

Lambert clearly rates him and i don't know why.

£££

Im so beyond boiling point with this player, i haven't felt this sort of anger when a player is in the team sheet for a long time. Just makes me absolutely **** livid to watch him do absolutely nothing week in week out. Absolutely atrocious player. 

• Like 1

If we signed a deal that said we face a financial fine if he ever doesn't start then we are absolute fools.

I can only imagine if we don't play him we pay his wages or something like that.

I don't blame or dislike Tom Cleverley. I don't rate him as a footballer but he gives 100%. Its not his fault he's getting picked every game. Either Lambert is picking him or the club are in a situation where they can't afford not to play him. Either way it sucks but it's not Tom's fault.

If we signed a deal that said we face a financial fine if he ever doesn't start then we are absolute fools.

I can only imagine if we don't play him we pay his wages or something like that.

I don't blame or dislike Tom Cleverley. I don't rate him as a footballer but he gives 100%. Its not his fault he's getting picked every game. Either Lambert is picking him or the club are in a situation where they can't afford not to play him. Either way it sucks but it's not Tom's fault.

Well it could very well be a deal that him and his agent put to us after the Everton fiasco as they knew we were desperate and time was running out so he it could be his fault.  Although in saying that we should never of agreed to a deal like that for such an average player, I blame Roy Keane for that one, it's obvious he was just trolling us in his time here... :P

Just back from VP. I wasn't happy when I saw he was playing but I have to be honest I thought he did well today and really put himself about and worked his bollocks off.

Yup - He hasn't been great so far - but think we are all getting a bit fixated with him - he was ok today.

While he hasn't been terrible individually, I think he is a big part of why our team isn't really clicking. I remember when we were having an attacking break today, the ball was with Westwood and I knew that he would make the forward pass accurately, which he did. Cleverley just doesn't do that. Her might retain possession but he takes all the impetus out of the attack.

• Like 1

I thought he did ok!.

I thought so too, better than Delph. Still average though.

Problem is now he dosen't want to dwell on the ball now and just gets rid of it as the crowd start murmuring when they realise he's in possession. Cheering him off today was harsh.

It does seem strange how a deal like this could be enforced, but the way I look at is:-

He's very average at best, and clearly not helping or even hindering the team. We had the option to buy him in January which we didn't take, so either Lambert doesn't rate him or lerner won't fund it.

If lerner won't fund it this can be moved to the randy lerner thread.

If Lambert don't rate him then whys he pick him still? Let's face it if he thought he was good he'd have snapped him up before others are free to try and sign him in the summer.

Option 3 I suppose, maybe cleverly thinks we're crap and doesn't want to play for us, but even so he'd have told the manager this so therefore is expect Lambert not to play a player who doesn't want to play for us.

There's got to be a deal in place for me on this one.

Its not his fault hmm maybe he could be a bit less shit?

Yeah cos he's trying to be shit isn't he?

Then he shouldn't be in the bloody team, my original point. Jesus christ!

And my point remains, it's not his fault he's in the team is it? Lambert is picking him. Your frustration should be aimed at Lambert not Cleverley. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â