Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

surely for resting/rotational purposes he wont start against hull

Could be wrong but as i said earlier in the thread he now has 5 yellows and thus should be suspended for Hull, it will be so amazing to not see his name in the squad.

You need 10 yellow cards to get a suspension at this point in the season. No such luck I'm afraid. 

Could be wrong but as i said earlier in the thread he now has 5 yellows and thus should be suspended for Hull, it will be so amazing to not see his name in the squad.

You need 10 yellow cards to get a suspension at this point in the season. No such luck I'm afraid. 

cant catch a break.

Think he did well against Cheslea, Felt the fans booing at the start of the game was quite frankly disgraceful. You never boo your own. He hasn't been great while he has been here but neither have the rest of them, we do have a tendency to find a scapegoat. It's funny Delph gives the ball away to Remy, he did the same against Liverpool, it's ok Delph we like you. Cleverley gets blasted for passing to his own player. Okore was unlucky with the goal conceded, however i wonder if that was Clark would we be so forgiving?

• Like 1

Think he did well against Cheslea, Felt the fans booing at the start of the game was quite frankly disgraceful. You never boo your own. He hasn't been great while he has been here but neither have the rest of them, we do have a tendency to find a scapegoat. It's funny Delph gives the ball away to Remy, he did the same against Liverpool, it's ok Delph we like you. Cleverley gets blasted for passing to his own player. Okore was unlucky with the goal conceded, however i wonder if that was Clark would we be so forgiving?

I sometimes wonder whether it's because he arrived as Man Utd's scapegoat, despite being far from their worst player. If he had arrived as a more popular figure ala Darren Ferguson...despite not being as effective now, he'd have been received better by some of our fans.

There are 3 certainties with Villa fans:-

1) Every bad spell we have, there is a clear and identifiable scapegoat (depending on the flavour of that particular month)

2) Any injured or dropped player's worth inflates 10 fold  for each game they miss, untiil they return, and we realise why they were dropped/they weren't THAT good

3) We identify a particular hero, who can do no wrong until it looks like they might leave.

*edited typo of Ferguson's name.

Edited by Djemba_Villan
  • Like 2

I sometimes wonder whether it's because he arrived as Man Utd's scapegoat, despite being far from their worst player. If he had arrived as a more popular figure ala Darren Ferguson...despite not being as effective now, he'd have been received better by some of our fans.

1) Every bad spell we have, there is a clear and identifiable scapegoat (depending on the flavour of that particular month)

2) Any injured or dropped player's worth inflates 10 fold  for each game they miss, untiil they return, and we realise why they were dropped/they weren't THAT good

3) We identify a particular hero, who can do no wrong until it looks like they might leave.

The BBC must be looking for a scape goat for us as well then because on MOTD they singled him out for how he does the easy pass and doesnt try to create anything, hence why we arent scoring goals.

• Like 2

The BBC must be looking for a scape goat for us as well then because on MOTD they singled him out for how he does the easy pass and doesnt try to create anything, hence why we arent scoring goals.

But that doesn't mean he was shit does it?

But that doesn't mean he was shit does it?

It doesn’t but it’s from a neutral point of view opposed to a villa point of view.  I’m saying the reason why he is getting the stick is because he has been bad and that its not Villa fans trying to find a scape goat.

Pretty sure I could find clips on the rest of our midfiled doing that. It's not hard.

Despair-GIF-2.gif

• Like 2

In the first half against Chelsea he was awful. He lost the ball a few times trying to play safe. If he lost it trying to create fair enough but if he is supposed to link play he has to do better. Delph gets a bit more leeway because he has actually played well for us and wants to be here I can't say the same about Cleverley. It might be confidence but would you want to put our survival in the hands of a player who more than likely won't be here next year?

It's as if he is too scared to try something inventive, such as trying to take a player on, or playing a through ball. I think this is because he fears he will make a complete mess of it. He looks like a player with no belief in himself and needs some time out. 

the fact that Paul said he likes it because he doesnt hide and there is no clause.. just goes to show what a clueless muppet he is. Cleverley is negative and has zero confidence.. leaving him in there to get abuse from fans for poor performances is not helping the cause. Take him out of the fire.

Sanchez was the one who wasnt hiding.. even though he was having a bad game against Arsenal he kept trying to do stuff. Cleverley went MIA. Just because hes always running around.. doesnt mean shit. Poor from Lambert.

• Like 1

but he isnt the only reason we arent scoring goals, we have 2 strikers that do **** all at the moment yet BBC dont blame them. Keown even praised Agbonlahor last week

Â