Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He is no better or worse but he is the one who gets the most abuse, Delph has been as poor in his games from an attacking sense and nothing gets said

Delph has shown he can do it for us. Cleverley has shown nothing at all

but Delph has 1 assist all season which is equally appalling and nothing gets said to go with his 3 last season and ZERO the season before

Delph has been great for 2 seasons if you're judging him on stats alone it doesn't look brilliant but he has been so it just shows what stats prove at times. Admittedly he's been below par this year but so has the rest of the team. Cleverley started brightly but has been awful for a couple of months now. He came here with all sorts of medals yet doesn't look like he'd get into a pub team at times. Now is that because he doesn't want to be here so his hearts not in it? Who knows but one thing is he keeps getting picked and a lot of the time in positions that maybe don't suit him. Why is that? It's not good for him or us so it must be something else surely? A clause perhaps? It'd be nice for our media to ask the question as it'd say a lot about what's going on. If we are picking him because of a clause and we do get relegated that would be a travesty!

He is no better or worse but he is the one who gets the most abuse, Delph has been as poor in his games from an attacking sense and nothing gets said

but Delph has 1 assist all season which is equally appalling and nothing gets said to go with his 3 last season and ZERO the season before

Delph has been great for 2 seasons if you're judging him on stats alone it doesn't look brilliant but he has been so it just shows what stats prove at times. Admittedly he's been below par this year but so has the rest of the team. Cleverley started brightly but has been awful for a couple of months now. He came here with all sorts of medals yet doesn't look like he'd get into a pub team at times. Now is that because he doesn't want to be here so his hearts not in it? Who knows but one thing is he keeps getting picked and a lot of the time in positions that maybe don't suit him. Why is that? It's not good for him or us so it must be something else surely? A clause perhaps? It'd be nice for our media to ask the question as it'd say a lot about what's going on. If we are picking him because of a clause and we do get relegated that would be a travesty!

Delph has not been great though he has been OK nothing special. doesnt get enough goals, enough forward runs into the box enough assists. The only thing he gets enough of is yellow cards

Delph has not been great though he has been OK nothing special. doesnt get enough goals, enough forward runs into the box enough assists. The only thing he gets enough of is yellow cards

Well when all pundits say it's like signing a £15-20m player when he resigned I'd say he's been better than ok! Can he do better ? Yes but he's still been our best midfielder for the last 2 years and got himself into the England sqaud if that's ok I can't wait till he improves. For me he is twice the player of Cleverley.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but further evidence in favour of the 'Cleverley Clause' theorists (despite it obviously being Mike Ashley i.e. dodgy as fock):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31145792

Rangers: Newcastle loan players must play if fit - Kenny McDowall Rangers manager Kenny McDowall claims he has been told by the club that the five loan signings made from Newcastle must be in his starting XI if fit.

This isn't a loaded question, but in what way has Delph been great?  He's comfortable with the ball at his feet, but there's not much in the way of end product in my opinion.  Yes, the shiteness of our forwards doesn't help, but he needs to be getting in the box and posing a threat himself, something he rarely does.

Well when all pundits say it's like signing a £15-20m player when he resigned I'd say he's been better than ok! Can he do better ? Yes but he's still been our best midfielder for the last 2 years and got himself into the England sqaud if that's ok I can't wait till he improves. For me he is twice the player of Cleverley.

the same media that label Harry Redknapp the greatest English manager of his generation. If he was twice as good he isnt **** showing it

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but further evidence in favour of the 'Cleverley Clause' theorists (despite it obviously being Mike Ashley i.e. dodgy as fock):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31145792

Rangers: Newcastle loan players must play if fit - Kenny McDowall Rangers manager Kenny McDowall claims he has been told by the club that the five loan signings made from Newcastle must be in his starting XI if fit.

I don't see how this is evidence that we have such a clause in Cleverley's contract

Cleverley is just a below average player who has done nothing to change that opinion of him since he got here.  Delph has proved he has what it takes, if you look through all the MOTM votes over the past couple of seasons Delph will be the most voted for player.  Westwood also showed he can do it by getting 7 assists in his first season and then adding goals last season. He was also tied with Gerard for chances created last season and only Lallana had more out of all the English players in the league.  The main reason for our midfield looking bad is our forwards, Gabby is a joke most games and just gives the ball back to the opposition,  Weimann would be best suited to playing up top and lacks composure add to that 2 major injuries and an out of form Benteke.  Cleverley may look better if we had an inform strikeforce but I highly doubt it. 

If true signing a player on loan who has to play in every game when your going to be in a relegation battle is stupid

You want players who are going to wear their heart on their sleeve and scrap for every yard of grass not a player who is looking to jump ship the first chance he gets

As if he's bothered about us staying in the division or not all he cares about is not picking up an injury and jumping in bed with Martinez up at goodison asap

Edited by AshVilla

I suppose stats tell their own story and it's true there's not a huge amount of difference between Cleverley and Delph in that regard.

However my own eyes tell me Delph is a much better midfield player, they way he can run with the ball, glide past players, all seen in that Chelsea goal last season although it would be nice to see that more from him.

Cleverley is a total non-entity of a player, he's just there. Just like Sidwell was.

To me Reo-Coker could influence a game more than Cleverley with his tackling and pressing and he was a very technically limted player.

Maybe Martinez will get more out of him next season  but I think he's been found out now he hasn't got 5 world class players either side of him to pass the ball to like at Man. United.

Should've been dropped weeks ago, but if he does stay in the side I'll put it down to the ineptitude of our manager rather than speculating over a clause.

Well, to be fair, if this mythical clause is actually true, then it also reflects very poorly on the manager, so I don't see the difference. 

Should've been dropped weeks ago, but if he does stay in the side I'll put it down to the ineptitude of our manager rather than speculating over a clause.

Well, to be fair, if this mythical clause is actually true, then it also reflects very poorly on the manager, so I don't see the difference. 

Why?

Delph takes the ball from back to front, Cleverley is a crab.

Delph needs to add goals, they will come in time. He has shown far more than Cleverley has.

Â