Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I'd be very surprised if he signs for us now whether we want him or not, I've never supported booing individual players or cheering when they're taken off, Alpay aside ;)

That said, he really hasn't impressed anyone has he?

I'd still take him as I think he just needs confidence which he sure as shit won't get here with the boo boys on his back all the time

• Like 1

Has no ability to create a yard of space for himself meaning his only passing options are sideways or backwards.

Doesn't really create much, nor effective in a defensive position. Gil popped up all over the place today and often ghosted away from his marker. TC is so static that he just plods around in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

Has no ability to create a yard of space for himself meaning his only passing options are sideways or backwards.

Doesn't really create much, nor effective in a defensive position. Gil popped up all over the place today and often ghosted away from his marker. TC is so static that he just plods around in the middle of the park.

Mmmm, disagree to be honest.  I thought he was alright today.  He did a good job of getting the ball to Gil at almost every opportunity.  Him, Gil and Hutton worked the right hand side particularly well in the first half.

Cleverley was certainly far better than Delph and Sanchez today... which is presumably why he got subbed off first.

• Like 1

Mmmm, disagree to be honest.  I thought he was alright today.  He did a good job of getting the ball to Gil at almost every opportunity.  Him, Gil and Hutton worked the right hand side particularly well in the first half.

Cleverley was certainly far better than Delph and Sanchez today... which is presumably why he got subbed off first.

My real beef if that Cleverley was in advance of Delph, meaning we missed Fabien's drive and runs as he was playing in-line with Sanchez today. TC needs to do more than just lay the ball off to Gil. He needs to find space, have shots and play through balls to Weimann and Benteke if he's going to play in that position. 

Of course, his role is made more difficult with Sanchez having a mare and Benteke doing an impression of a giant statue.

For me, Westwood is a better defensive midfielder and a more cultured attacking midfielder than Cleverley. Having said that, if he kept his place against Chelsea at the expense of Sanchez I could see that being justified.

He needs to be more effective and that's his biggest issue.

Sinclair                                            Gil

Delph

Westwood    Cleverley

I can live with that for the next game if Sanchez can't get his shit together.

Not suited to play as the furthest forward midfielder, didn't offer anywhere near enough for someone playing in that role but I'd more blame Lambert for playing him there. He worked hard and was showing for the ball more than in previous games but still offers very little and shouldn't be making the starting 11.

• Like 1

I wouldn't wish any player an injury, but it does seem it's almost always good/important players who get injured. Rubbish players who keep being picked in spite of being rubbish (Cleverley, Agbonlahor, Weimann) are always fit, and even if they do pick up an injury it's always something that will keep them out for no more than 2 games.

Â