Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Cleverley managed 6 forward passes, none of them key passes, didn't win a tackle or make an interception.

This was one of his better games apparently!

Not that amount of forward passes is a measure of performance, but cleverley played 15 forward passes yesterday.

Cleverley managed 6 forward passes, none of them key passes, didn't win a tackle or make an interception.

This was one of his better games apparently!

Not that amount of forward passes is a measure of performance, but cleverley played 15 forward passes yesterday.

Certainly not from the information I saw he didn't!

OK - had a look. Bit down to interpretation really.

For us to play 3 central midfielders one of them, at least, has to offer a hell of a lot more going forward IMO.

Should be dropped vs Hull.

apparently if we drop him Man Utd will make us resign Djemba Djemba again and pay Falcao's annual grooming bills.

• Like 1

With that deflected shot I thought he had broken our non scoring streak. Thought he played ok yesterday. 

However his passing is completely risk free and I think he is definitely a contributor to our inability to build attacks. Sometimes he helps put together a string of passes, passing and moving quickly but its not even in flashes each game its like once every 4. 

Should be contributing with his experience. Where has the player who played for Wigan gone. 

• Like 2

However his passing is completely risk free and I think he is definitely a contributor to our inability to build attacks.

THIS

Danny Murphy said the same on MOTD last night. Takes the easy option far too often, though I don't think he's the only one on our team that does that.

I'm convinced there's a clause he has to play when fit. Sanchez was shocking v Arsenal, but Clev has had some awful performances that warranted dropping as well. Plus, Clev seems to be subbed off most games, which tells you something

KEA was better.

Based on their respective performances in a Villa shirt, this isn't an embellishment in any way. At least El-Ahmadi contributed with an intense high-press and attempted to make runs beyond the opposition defense.

I actually have seen him try a killer ball once, i was having a look at his stats earlier as i genuinely cant fathom what he does on the pitch and he seems to have around 1 key pass per match...I must be missing them or that statistic is very misleading.

KEA was better.

Based on their respective performances in a Villa shirt, this isn't an embellishment in any way. At least El-Ahmadi contributed with an intense high-press and attempted to make runs beyond the opposition defense.

and he got important goals. underrated player and Cleverley is really showing KEA worth for the squad

There was a moment (which was highlighted on MOTD) when he was in a great position but instead of turning and looking forward, he just knocked it straight back which was infuriating live. 

He did okay but he nearly cost us a goal and I think Westwood is a far better forward passer, just not as mobile. I'm sure Cleverley would be better with a little more confidence and then he'd stop taking the safe option all the time but at the moment he is a passenger and we can only afford one of them in Benteke. 

However his passing is completely risk free and I think he is definitely a contributor to our inability to build attacks.

THIS

I'm convinced there's a clause he has to play when fit. 

me too

Â