Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Sanchez had some good matches for us when he was asked to just defend. He is meant to be a proper DM. Not a play making DM or anything else. His passing is subpar if it involves passing more than 10 yards. His role is very clear and defined for Colombia. 

• Like 1

I watch the games on the web and chat to my mate who lives in Thailand also watching during the game

I have "Sanchez with a mistake " in my clipboard ready to paste it as I got bored of having to keep typing it out

He's the same as Okore , there could be a good player lurking in there someone but until the cut out the stupid mistakes they are both liabilities

Sanchez had some good matches for us when he was asked to just defend. He is meant to be a proper DM. Not a play making DM or anything else. His passing is subpar if it involves passing more than 10 yards. His role is very clear and defined for Colombia. 

The problem is that he is a similar player to Westwood and to a lesser extent Delph. Sherwood does need to bring in a midfielder who can get 5-10 goals a season as well. Then we could be a mid table side.

I watch the games on the web and chat to my mate who lives in Thailand also watching during the game

I have "Sanchez with a mistake " in my clipboard ready to paste it as I got bored of having to keep typing it out

He's the same as Okore , there could be a good player lurking in there someone but until the cut out the stupid mistakes they are both liabilities

Okore has youth and injury clouding his progress, something he will move away from, Sanchez doesn't. I think he is actually a decent player but there is no excuses for the ridiculous passes he tries in key areas

Speaking to the official Villa websiteCarlos Sanchezrevealed his World XI, and included two familiar faces to the Premier League.

Current Arsenal goalkeeper, and Sanchez’s international teammate, David Ospina was selected between the posts for his team, whilst former Spursmidfielder Luka Modric is in his midfield.

Speaking of Ospina, Sanchez praised his work ethic and personality, whilst also suggesting he can still improve further, being young for a goalkeeper at the age of 26-years-old.

Regarding Modrid, the Villa midfielder called him ‘class’, whilst suggesting that he is underrated by many as he makes everything he does look simple. Modric, who currently turns out for Real Madrid, made his name at Tottenham Hotspur, and was central to the Lilywhites success when they reached the Champions League.

Frequently praised for his ability to read the game quicker than all his teammates, even a club of Madrid’s size look far weaker when the Croatian midfielder is not playing.

Sanchez has experience of La Liga, and has played alongside all his Colombian teammates, and the majority of his World XI is made up of players from both those selections.

Juan Camilo Zuniga, Sergio Ramos, Jerome Boateng and Marcelo make up his defensive line, whilst James Rodriguez and David Alaba are alongside Modric in midfield. Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi make up the attacking trio of his team.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/09/aston-villas-carlos-sanchez-names-david-ospina-and-luka-modric-i/

randomly found this article on him

Â