Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Yeah but Huddlestone and Sanchez are different sorts of players. I think Sherwood rates him because he still featured in almost all of our games under him (unlike Gil for example).

In what way? They play the same role.

Yeah but Huddlestone and Sanchez are different sorts of players. I think Sherwood rates him because he still featured in almost all of our games under him (unlike Gil for example).

In what way? They play the same role.

They may play in the same part of the pitch but Sanchez is more of a typical defensive midfielder while I'd compare Huddlestone to someone like Westwood.

If we could get our £3.5m back I would sell him tomorrow and put it in the kitty for a top player.

What top players are you targeting?

Verratti.

This genuinely made me lol.

If he continues his Copa form we should sell him while we can make a decent profit. His game doesnt translate well to the PL.

This

As good as he is for his national team, he has been, in the main, poor for us. We don't play the same way as the Colombia national (understatement of the week!).

I just don't think he is cut out for English football

I think he could be cut out as he has good speed and a good physique for the league. Problem was he is not playing with players with the intelligence or movement of Colombia players which has been a Villa problem for years

Edited by Zatman

A lot of the criticism (rightly or wrongly) has come from his mis-placed passing and losing the ball to the opposition. I don't think he's nearly as bad at distribution as some have made out, but he has mis-placed a few passes (but it may be a case of once someone points it out, you notice it more?). But is that an issue with those around him, or a problem with him? I totally agree he was excellent again Brazil, I only saw the highlights but he did very well.

I so want him to be good for us!

If he continues his Copa form we should sell him while we can make a decent profit. His game doesnt translate well to the PL.

Who, outside the PL itself, do you think would be be prepared to pay more than 6m euros for a 29 year old DM?

Who, outside the PL itself, do you think would be be prepared to pay more than 6m euros for a 29 year old DM?

Why not give him a chance with a full pre season, you need to have faith in players instead of shunning them off, we all stuck by petrov when he first started and everyone said he wasn't good enough for the PL

• Like 1

Why not give him a chance with a full pre season, you need to have faith in players instead of shunning them off, we all stuck by petrov when he first started and everyone said he wasn't good enough for the PL

I don't know if that's directed at me, but in fact I'm a supporter of his previous club not his current one! It's just that I was responding to the original point that it's virtually impossible to sell Sanchez for a profit.

FWIW, I don't think it has much to do with pre-season training, even though he wasn't close to being fit when he signed, I don't think Villa often used him in the right position. The guy should be stuck in front of the centre halves in a purely central DM role where he will be highly effective. If that's not the role wanted from a central midfielder he is going to be of a lot less use.

• Like 1

I don't know if that's directed at me, but in fact I'm a supporter of his previous club not his current one! It's just that I was responding to the original point that it's virtually impossible to sell Sanchez for a profit.

FWIW, I don't think it has much to do with pre-season training, even though he wasn't close to being fit when he signed, I don't think Villa often used him in the right position. The guy should be stuck in front of the centre halves in a purely central DM role where he will be highly effective. If that's not the role wanted from a central midfielder he is going to be of a lot less use.

No it wasn't directed at you so please don't take offence, I appreciate your comments and I agree that he should be sat in front of the back 4, that's where I would play him. I'm a firm believer you play a player to his strengths and I reckon he will be a top PL if he is played in that position.

Â