Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

• 4 weeks later...

This guy is close to the top of my "get rid" list. Just doesn't look at all like a competent footballer, is always 3 beats slowed to everything than everyone else and he lost the ball within seconds of his pointless cameo yesterday. Don't rate him at all.

He is one I would keep for now, but he needs to improve.

With a full pre-season under Sherwood and the summer to settle into life here a bit more, he might come good. He's shown glimpses of being a really good player.

He's struggled with the pace of it over here. Under the added pressure of being in a relegation battle and playing alongside players who themselves have struggled for consistent form, he hasn't been a disaster to be fair to him.

• Like 2

Pretty woeful tbh

For a big bloke he doesn't exactly put himself about he seems off the pace to me whenever he's running alongside someone he can't even shrug them off the ball

I'm quite confident that he'll be a lot better with a preseason under his belt. Showed glimpses of real ability on occasions, main issue was failure to acclimatise to the pace of the league.

• Like 2

Not a very good first season, started relatively well but descended into a bit of a farce from Christmas onwards. 

His best form came over xmas. Remember when everyone was creaming themselves over his Sunderland performance? I thought he played well against Man. United around that period aswell.

He's a liability in a 4-4-2 but I still think he's useful in a 4-3-3 and just shouldn't be ditched even if it's infuriating how lackadaisical he is in possession at times.

Squad player.

His distribution of the ball is horrendous, if he can actually start passing to our players instead of kicking it anywhere he will be a good player. Lets see how he does next season

He is one I would keep for now, but he needs to improve.

With a full pre-season under Sherwood and the summer to settle into life here a bit more, he might come good. He's shown glimpses of being a really good player.

He's struggled with the pace of it over here. Under the added pressure of being in a relegation battle and playing alongside players who themselves have struggled for consistent form, he hasn't been a disaster to be fair to him.

Won't be a full pre season for him today as he's going to be playing in the Copa America and if Colombia make final which I think they can with their attacking options he'll be playing up to mid july.

He still makes the 18 regularly so Sherwood hasn't completely ditched him unlike a few others and indeed he's back up to being 3rd choice midfielder with Cleverley ceasing to be a Villa player for now.

I think he'll head back to Spain as he doesn't seem particularly suited to this league. Sometimes players take a year to adjust, so I wouldn't write him off completely but I think it'd take a proper run of games for him to adapt and then it's the question of whether we can afford to give him that run of games when he seems to always have a mistake in him.

Copa can put him in shop window & I think Sherwood will be looking to make spaces in the squad where he can and Sanchez will be one who is seen as very expendable.

Â