Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I thought he was brilliant yesterday, feel asleep for the goal but other than that thought it was his best game.

No way. Gave the fk away (pretty sure) after failing to clear the ball. Never known someone lose the ball in such dangerous positions.

got in PFA Team of the season

Huh???

So we've still not learnt about foreign players taking time to adapt then?

Obviously shit and must get rid. I mean if he can't learn the lingo, adapt to a new country and get used to a completely different style of play in less than a year (all in a struggling side battling relegation for the fourth year running) then what's the point.

We need a midfielder who can protect the back four, with a 100% pass ratio and be able to open up the opposition with surging runs and incisive forward passing, whilst scoring at least 10 goals. 10 to a penny them, should be easy with our budget.

Obviously shit and must get rid. I mean if he can't learn the lingo, adapt to a new country and get used to a completely different style of play in less than a year (all in a struggling side battling relegation for the fourth year running) then what's the point.

We need a midfielder who can protect the back four, with a 100% pass ratio and be able to open up the opposition with surging runs and incisive forward passing, whilst scoring at least 10 goals. 10 to a penny them, should be easy with our budget.

About time we spunked millions on a foreign player who doesn't need time to adapt IMO.

how will you know if a player will adapt when you buy him. Ozil, Shevchenko, Veron cost 10 times more than Sanchez and they struggle to adapt. Then people forget Angel, Petrov hardly set the world alight straightaway

how will you know if a player will adapt when you buy him. Ozil, Shevchenko, Veron cost 10 times more than Sanchez and they struggle to adapt. Then people forget Angel, Petrov hardly set the world alight straightaway

I got half way through posting something similar to this but i just thought what's the point? Some people just enjoy complaining about anything and everything.

About time we spunked millions on a foreign player who doesn't need time to adapt IMO.

Go tell the chairman then Woody, because our current budget is unlikely to do it. 

Absolutely no guarantee of them settling instantly even then.

Essien and Modric are 2 high profile examples.

I just think it's a bit of a piss poor excuse tbh.

What..?

You made a point. It's been debunked. Now you're labelling it as a piss poor excuse :D

Lets put you in a new country where you don't speak the language Tom and see if you need any time to adapt.

I got half way through posting something similar to this but i just thought what's the point? Some people just enjoy complaining about anything and everything.

Its called having a different opinion.

I think ^that is a poor excuse for refusing to accept verifiable evidence that it does indeed take some foreign players time to adapt to the Premier League.

What..?

You made a point. It's been debunked. Now you're labelling it as a piss poor excuse :D

Lets put you in a new country where you don't speak the language Tom and see if you need any time to adapt.

He does speak the language by all accounts, but yep I'd need time to adapt of course. But from day 1 of performing my job in a different country, I wouldn't get the basics wrong, and definitely not almost a year later.

Spose he doesn't have much spare time or materials to assist him in settling in.

I think ^that is a poor excuse for refusing to accept verifiable evidence that it does indeed take some foreign players time to adapt to the Premier League.

I never said it didn't need time? I agree, there has been loads of examples. Doesn't mean I have to agree that it should take so long, it simply shouldn't.

If that what your original opinion, why did you post this then?

You just come across as if you're backtracking tbh.

Priceless that  :crylaugh:

These bloody foreigners, coming over hear, taking their time to 'adapt' - ship em out I say! 

• Like 1

If that what your original opinion, why did you post this then?

You just come across as if you're backtracking tbh.

Well I'm not. It is about time we bought a foreign player who doesn't need time. I'm not saying that's easy but it happens.

I just don't see why yet again, a year down the line we are using this excuse for a player who makes stupid tackles and pisses about with the ball at the edge of the box.

Â