Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/copa-america/83/blog/post/2496317/colombias-win-down-to-carlos-sanchez-dominating-neymar

Ive always said he plays great for 80 minutes and then do something absolutely dreadful to dampen his game. To me he is a great player who isnt fit enough for the Premier League (as a matter of fact i think that goes with our whole squad) and he was just getting used to it.

He will be much better this season with a good English pre season under his belt. Same goes with Gil if he gets a chance.

Juan Pablo and Petrov are ones who dramatically improved in their second seasons.. even the likes of Henry took 6 months to score his first goal. I hope he gets more oppurtunities. Leave him in the squad a month to build his match fitness. He was just in and out all season this year.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

I've defended him all season but if i'm honest towards the end it was becoming difficult to do so because his mistakes and errors were so glaringly obvious. There is however a good player in there somewhere but maybe our style of play doesn't suit him or he wasn't quite up to speed with the Premier League.

What formation do Colombia play? I'm guessing a 4-2-3-1?

All he needs to do is improve his awareness on  the ball and get rid when under too much pressure.

The only thing that plagued him last season was his constant losing of the ball, though that happened to every player, just generally in less important positions.

Agreed, it's a pretty big thing because of the area of the field he plays, and mistakes are costly there. However, if he can sort out this one area of his game, he can be a good DM for us this season.

I've defended him all season but if i'm honest towards the end it was becoming difficult to do so because his mistakes and errors were so glaringly obvious. There is however a good player in there somewhere but maybe our style of play doesn't suit him or he wasn't quite up to speed with the Premier League.

What formation do Colombia play? I'm guessing a 4-2-3-1?

Was 4-4-2 (more like 4-2-2-2) last night.

• Like 1

I'd buy a Columbian again in a second if he was a 20 year old Juan Pablo Angel

God I miss Angel.

I wish he'd been in his prime when Lerner took over so we finally could have given him the service he deserved.

what the 20 year old Angel who couldn't score for toffee?

I liked Angel, but he had one and half very good seasons with us, which granted are memorable for how good they were but most of the rest of the time he really wasn't very good.

anyway back on topic I hope Sanchez is given at least the close season to prove his worth.

Also your team is shit that will never ever be anything but relegation fodder. Sherwood will buy shitty overpriced british players and you will struggle not to be relegated for the rest of your miserable existance. Because that's all you are. You're just like colombians. Losers. 

I can recognize losers. I only hang around losers. Real Madrid. Losers. Aston Villa. Inter Milan. Losers. Colombia. Losers.

All this world is full of is losers.

Just accept it. 

Stop staring into the mirror mate.

• Like 1

God I miss Angel.

I wish he'd been in his prime when Lerner took over so we finally could have given him the service he deserved.

Yeah and gave him team-mates clever enough that his runs didn't look like HE was the one that didn't know what he was doing instead of the other way around. I always said he was too good for our team at the time, and I still kinda feel guilty that our club robbed him of what would no doubt have been a far more illustrious career had he gone down the same career path as the other River Plate Fantastic 4 (Ortega, Aimar, Saviola).

But anyway, I digress. Wooo!! Go Sanchez.  There's definitely a bloody good player in there and I think we've yet to see the best of him.  We've seen glimpses of brilliance though.

• Like 2

God I miss Angel.

They do exist, some good things being said about the likes of Cardona, Renteria, Quintero and Borre. Shame work permits are such a mare.

• Like 1

Â