Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I can't see anyone making excuses.

He should be better and I'm worried he'll never be good enough, but it's a perfectly valid reason to wait and see how he does next season.

how will you know if a player will adapt when you buy him. Ozil, Shevchenko, Veron cost 10 times more than Sanchez and they struggle to adapt. Then people forget Angel, Petrov hardly set the world alight straightaway

I just think it's a bit of a piss poor excuse tbh.

Priceless that :crylaugh:

These bloody foreigners, coming over hear, taking their time to 'adapt' - ship em out I say!

Months down the line it is a piss poor excuse. Sanchez is months down the line, almost a year.

I can't see anyone making excuses.

He should be better and I'm worried he'll never be good enough, but it's a perfectly valid reason to wait and see how he does next season.

The original post I quoted made the excuse of needing time to adapt.

It depends on the individual case as some players clearly just don't possess the ability at this level, somebody like Holman being an example of that. With Sánchez though, the majority of current faults can be attributed to misjudging the pace and intensity of this league.

He continues to believe he has more time on the ball then he actually does have. There was a moment in the first-half yesterday where he received the ball near the halfway line after a sloppy City pass, took a couple of touches and only at the last moment did he realise that a City player (Fernando I think) was about to close him down - prompting him to brashly and aimlessly poke the ball forward. Same goes for some of the silly fouls where he simply mistimes them.

That's not to excuse every error on that basis, as a few of them have just been unforgivable whichever way you look at it. My point was more though that I feel his has demonstrated in glimpses that he can be a decent player. He isn't inherently a poor passer/technical player. Nor does he lack overall defensive awareness.

Adapting to our league in particular can be difficult enough but it's been compounded with Sánchez when you consider that he literally didn't have any sort of preseason. Not to mention that their has been no consistant system at the club either with Lambert's change to the 'new style' about a third of the way through the season and then Sherwood coming in with his high-intensity approach.

I've seen enough from Sánchez to suggest he can become a consistantly solid player. If of course he continues in the same manner next season then I'll revise my position.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 4

I'm willing to give him another chance next season before writing him off but it gets harder by the game to have faith in him as he just turns to shit in the second half of games. Hopefully it's a fitness thing and he will be more upto speed next season.

Good finish and loved how happy he was when he scored...

...however, he pretty much cost us the 2nd and 3rd goals and was poor all round other than the goal.  Just so far off the pace it's unreal.  I don't get what Sherwood is seeing that I'm not when he decides to keep him on all game.  His legs are shot after about 50 minutes.

• Like 1

He's prone to a rash, senseless tackle.

And they've cost us a few times this season!

But even before the tackle, he completely underhits a relatively easy ball down the line for Cleverley.  This turns over possession and he then jumps in for the rashness.  Awful play all round!

I like the guy, but he needs to cut this stuff out.  As others have said, I think there is a decent footballer in there... I'd just rather not see him starting for us until his game is up to par.

I'd argue that his passing is actually really good, most of the time.

He plays some quality pings which very few other players in the squad are capable of. However, just needs to cut out the panicky passes to the opposition and occasional Barry Bannan attempted Hollywood cross field balls.

I actually really rate him, however I think I might be one of the minority. One of the best midfield tacklers the club has had in a long long time IMO.

• Like 1

he is like the curates egg.....good in parts.

however, he needs to cut out the individual errors.

most players would have skied that goal....kept it down very well.

B,ham mail gave him MOTM.

Id give him another season - but I would limit his involvement for the remainder of this, he is just to much of a liability - gives away needless free kicks in dangerous areas....caught in possesion .....anyone of those could cost us dearly ....

he is a brilliant player 90% of the time.. however he has that 10% in every game where he goes absolutely bat shit crazy. His passing according to Bmail is 83% and better than Westwoods and similar to Delph/Cleverley. Its just when Sanchez loses the ball its usually near our own half and its a really really bad loss of concentration causing a massive looking error that undermines his performances. I have noticed they are usually late on in the game. So maybe he is not ready to play 90 minutes just yet. I think next season with a gilletine pre season with Tim he will be alot better next season.

• Like 2

I have to say, I like him....but then saying that I'm looking at all the positive sides of his game.

I am not in any way dismissing the negative comments, because frustratingly he does make some rickets.....IF he can eradicate these annoying/worrying misjudgments out of his game we will have a good player on our hands IMO

Â