Roy Keane

TrentVilla

We don't know his duties or the scale of his role at Villa, but one thing we do know is that he is massive improvement on the two clowns that we had running training before - book or no book! I would much rather have a 'part-time' Roy Keane than a full time Karsa/Culverhouse combo.

• Like 1

Since no-one has much idea what his duties actually are at Villa, it's hard to say what expectations we should have. If you wanted to gauge what matters most to Roy Keane, though, I guess you would say (a) the Irish national side; (b ) going to press events and slagging off SAF and most of the people he had ever come into contact with in football.

I'd like it more if it was more apparent that he was focusing on Villa and how our team can get better.

So no clue then?

"This is not the PR I expected, waaaah waaaah"

Surprised he hasnt been highlighted for any stick. My Dad is a big Preston fan so he's enjoying football at the moment when im ready to take a break from it. He reckons there is a negative force at the club which has effected the players dramatically in the last few weeks. And lies the blame solely at Keane's feet.

I can't disagree with him tbh. Can't be the best guy to have around at a time like this. Great when winning I'd imagine and great for international teams so he's not around week in week out. When the going gets tough he makes it even tougher

• Like 1

Surprised he hasnt been highlighted for any stick. My Dad is a big Preston fan so he's enjoying football at the moment when im ready to take a break from it. He reckons there is a negative force at the club which has effected the players dramatically in the last few weeks. And lies the blame solely at Keane's feet.

I can't disagree with him tbh. Can't be the best guy to have around at a time like this. Great when winning I'd imagine and great for international teams so he's not around week in week out. When the going gets tough he makes it even tougher

Oh well, if your dad says so...

• Like 1

no offence but did your Dad not see us last season when we were jut as bad 

• Like 1

Surley if he'S gone public on saying he would quit villa if Ireland lost 3 on the bounce  (That alone to me suggests a hap hazard approach to the villa job) - Well Villa have lost 5 on the bounce - his position should be untenable IMO

Every time they zoomed in on him on the bench he was looking at his watch, noticed it at least 5 or 6 times.

The guy on Swedish telly even commented about it, "Keane keeps looking at his watch"

Found it both funny and a bit odd

Every time they zoomed in on him on the bench he was looking at his watch, noticed it at least 5 or 6 times.

The guy on Swedish telly even commented about it, "Keane keeps looking at his watch"

Found it both funny and a bit odd

maybe he was checking how long before he could lay into Agbonlahor

Since no-one has much idea what his duties actually are at Villa, it's hard to say what expectations we should have. If you wanted to gauge what matters most to Roy Keane, though, I guess you would say (a) the Irish national side; (b ) going to press events and slagging off SAF and most of the people he had ever come into contact with in football.

I'd like it more if it was more apparent that he was focusing on Villa and how our team can get better.

Interesting that last night Lambert said "what goes on in the dressing room, stays in the dressing room".  Yet he has an assistant manager running round like a walking, talking copy of OK magazine.

Surley if he'S gone public on saying he would quit villa if Ireland lost 3 on the bounce  (That alone to me suggests a hap hazard approach to the villa job) - Well Villa have lost 5 on the bounce - his position should be untenable IMO

Let's just sack everyone I think.

The kitman, the tea lady, the groundsman, sack the lot of them.

Has he got up off his comfy seat on the bench over the last 5 games?  At the start of the season he was up mouthing at players and officials showing aggression and passion,  now he just sits there looking like he couldn't care less.  This signals to me that something is up within the dressing room.

• Like 1

Has he got up off his comfy seat on the bench over the last 5 games?  At the start of the season he was up mouthing at players and officials showing aggression and passion,  now he just sits there looking like he couldn't care less.  This signals to me that something is up within the dressing room.

You can gaurentee that something has happened in the dressing room and i hope he has give them an absolute bollocking cuz to not score a goal in 8 straight hours of play no matter what the oppositiion is emabaressing and quite frankly pathetic. We're MEANT to be a premier league team ffs. You could surround the entire pitch with goals and they still wouldn't score.

Has he got up off his comfy seat on the bench over the last 5 games? At the start of the season he was up mouthing at players and officials showing aggression and passion, now he just sits there looking like he couldn't care less. This signals to me that something is up within the dressing room.

Kept a close eye on him at QPR and he was off his seat a hell of a lot, especially when the midfield lads **** up he was going mental.

Also had a rant at the fourth official when we'd had a bad decision against down the wing.

So yes, he has been off his seat a lot.

I have noticed this too, it seems Keane is more passionate about selling his book. 

I think he'll walk, looked disinterested yesterday

Me too.

I think he'll be gone by end of November, blaming interference with his international commitments.

He's already laid the foundations, judging by his comments a couple of week ago.

In all honesty, he probably won't be missed.

Â