Roy Keane

TrentVilla

What exactly do you want him to do and how do you know he isn't doing anything about it?

Change it?

Because nothing has changed.

Just because you think nothing has changed, doesn't mean that there haven't been any attempts to change it.

What exactly do you want him to do and how do you know he isn't doing anything about it?

Change it?

Because nothing has changed.

Just because you think nothing has changed, doesn't mean that there haven't been any attempts to change it.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

• Like 2

Uncle MON is urging him and SAF to kiss and make up! (Also threatens his own fully frank memoirs some day.)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/10/martin-oneill-roy-keane-alex-ferguson-peace

Um, I think the row with SrAlex is one of the main things driving book sales, Martin.

Martin O’Neill urges Roy Keane and Sir Alex Ferguson to make peace
• O’Neill: ‘The two of them were brilliant for each other’
• ‘It’d be nice if at some stage they recognise that publicly’

The Guardian

• Monday 10 November 2014 17.00 GMT
Roy-Keane-Republic-of-Ire-011.jpg

Roy Keane should make peace with his former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, according to Martin O’Neill. Photograph: Matt Bunn/BPI/Rex

Martin O’Neill has urged his Republic of Ireland assistant Roy Keane to make peace with Sir Alex Ferguson following the bitterness caused by their autobiographies. O’Neill is reluctant to intervene in the row between the former Manchester United leaders but is adamant that in time perspective will enable them to appreciate the success they inspired in their era together as captain and manager at Old Trafford.

“Manchester United have been incredibly successful and these men were two fundamental factors in this,” the former Celtic and Aston Villa manager said. “The manager’s obviously very important, having been able to oversee success for such a considerable amount of time. To stay at any football club for such a length of time is incredible; to stay at a club like Manchester United that was demanding then sustaining such success is even more so.

“Roy Keane was a vital cog in that. If you were to ask Sir Alex Ferguson, I’d bet one of the top three or four signings he made would be Roy Keane. And he signed some very fine players. That’s how important Roy was to him.

The two of them were brilliant for each other over a number of years and I think that’s something that shouldn’t be forgotten over time. People can have their arguments and who am I to step into anyone else’s argument, who am I to intervene? I’m not [doing] that, but what I maintain is that the two of them were magnificent for each other and from an outsider’s viewpoint it’d be nice, if at some stage or another, they recognise that publicly. I know that deep down they know they were superb for each other.”

O’Neill had no problem with his assistant launching his controversial autobiography last month – “it gave the players something else to think about, apart from the Gibraltar game,” the Ireland manager said, “and they’re happy, because they all got a free copy” – although he admits he is glad Keane’s Tolkien-esque beard has gone. “We all thought the beard certainly at least needed trimming,” O’Neill said, smiling. “It was looking rather shabby but Roy decided to go back to his youthful best.”

So would O’Neill ever write an autobiography? “Why not? Everybody else seems to do one,” he said. And would his be the whole truth and nothing but the truth? “I think that if you’re writing an autobiography and you want to make it worthwhile, you should follow your heart on that one.”

Keane’s influence on the players has been everything O’Neill had hoped when he made his controversial selection 12 months ago. “As a player, he is held in great regard by these Irish players, obviously,” O’Neill told the Guardian and Fanbookz.com. “Most midfielders players would say Roy Keane would be their favourite midfield player and I’d understand that. For our players, albeit only for a few days at a time, to come away and be working with someone they have admired greatly as a player.”

So would O’Neill ever write an autobiography? “Why not? Everybody else seems to do one,” he said. And would his be the whole truth and nothing but the truth? “I think that if you’re writing an autobiography and you want to make it worthwhile, you should follow your heart on that one.”

I look forward to this

His odds have been slashed tonight ref 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' by the 2 top irish firms only. 

Boyle Sports & Paddy Power, Nah surely he couldn't… Could he?..

He sits on the bench every week looking like someone would get him out of there so maybe he's used his experience working with Lambert as practice for the hours of boredom they encounter in the jungle?

Hows the book sales doing?

Not very good, he hasn't been able to publicise it lately. He has been sitting on one of the pitches at the training ground for 8 hours after everyone has gone home, to make us a better side.

Is he going to put the boots back on for us?

Not very good, he hasn't been able to publicise it lately. He has been sitting on one of the pitches at the training ground for 8 hours after everyone has gone home, to make us a better side.

Actually, he's number 8 in the UK best seller charts, which is much better than his club are doing. :)
  • Like 1

Not very good, he hasn't been able to publicise it lately. He has been sitting on one of the pitches at the training ground for 8 hours after everyone has gone home, to make us a better side.

Actually, he's number 8 in the UK best seller charts, which is much better than his club are doing. :)

Did Villa release a book as well ;)

I look forward to this

It would just be that nasty man Lerner wouldn't give me another 40m to spend on Scott Parker and Aiden McGeady.

• Like 1

It would just be that nasty man Lerner wouldn't give me another 40m to spend on Scott Parker and Aiden McGeady.

Aye. It would be the version of the truth according to MON......

...you know, the one where the pantomime villain Lerner desperately undid all the good work done by our dashing hero MON, thereby absolving him of any incompetence, wrongdoing or blame. Hardly worth a read.

Â