Roy Keane

TrentVilla

I read a report (don't know how true it is) that if Ireland lose 4 on the trot he will resign from Villa, what about if Villa lose 4 on the bounce?????? I'm really enjoying having Keane along side Lambert so I hope Ireland never lose another game :)

I don't think any team would sign someone as an assistant with such a stipulation in a contract. So I highly doubt it. Why would he do that? It makes zero sense.

Probably won't be back in training till Thursday, wonder who's been taking the sessions?

I heard he printed this picture out and stuck it on a stick at Bodymoor with the message "Don't **** about." below it.

Aston-Villa-assistant-manager-Roy-Keane.

• Like 4

I like keane a lot and I think overal he is a positive influence on our club. But I'm worried about his Ireland commitments conflicting with his villa commitments. Who has been training and prepping the team during the international break- lambert. We have had 14 days to supposedly get prepared for this game, time to really work on things tactically etc problem is keane hasn't been here and someone who has continoulsy proved he doesn't have a clue has been in charge. I'm of the opinion that he needs to either leave Ireland or villa cause the prospect of this for the rest of the season really worries me

I like keane a lot and I think overal he is a positive influence on our club. But I'm worried about his Ireland commitments conflicting with his villa commitments. Who has been training and prepping the team during the international break- lambert. We have had 14 days to supposedly get prepared for this game, time to really work on things tactically etc problem is keane hasn't been here and someone who has continoulsy proved he doesn't have a clue has been in charge. I'm of the opinion that he needs to either leave Ireland or villa cause the prospect of this for the rest of the season really worries me

The significance of his comments - I would choose Ireland over Villa is starting to grow on me - its almost a Houllier style Insult....a daft comment to make, and he he unwittingly talked himself out of ever being no 1 at villa - I wouldn't mind betting he stays 1 season at the most....I mean how is he supposed to get 100% commitment, when by his own admission he would quit if the going got tough...

There was a moment when the camera panned onto the two of them in the second half. Lambert looked nervous and lost. Keane looked a little annoyed and very bored. Nothing about either of them suggested they had  a clue what to do to change anything. 

So this Roy Keane effect people were lauding in the opening weeks. Surely he's now to blame?

I'd say no as an assistant manager is limited in influence as Lambert will have the final word in the dressing room. Just an easy thing for people to latch on to in the opening weeks saying the players would be so scared they'd go on long winning runs. Roy Keane can't influence wins on his own otherwise his Sunderland and Ipswich teams wouldn't have gone on long winless runs

• Like 1

So this Roy Keane effect people were lauding in the opening weeks. Surely he's now to blame?

I'd say no as an assistant manager is limited in influence as Lambert will have the final word in the dressing room. Just an easy thing for people to latch on to in the opening weeks saying the players would be so scared they'd go on long winning runs. Roy Keane can't influence wins on his own otherwise his Sunderland and Ipswich teams wouldn't have gone on long winless runs

I was referring to his influence on the training being missing every international week and being left with just lambert. I always had reservations about this dual role.

In international weeks the players are usually given days off around the weekend, there's little point in them training for trainings sake on a Thursday or Friday if there's no game on a Saturday.

I'd imagine Keane would've been back at Bodymoor on Wednesday afternoon so he'd have still been involved in training Thursday and Friday.

My point is the people in the summer who were saying stuff like the players would be scared of Keane and the performances would instantly improve as a result. If that was the case why weren't his Sunderland and Ipswich teams brilliant? He can rant and rave at them in the Goodison dressing room but it's Lambert's call who plays and dosen't for QPR so really his role is limited.

The significance of his comments - I would choose Ireland over Villa is starting to grow on me - its almost a Houllier style Insult....a daft comment to make, and he he unwittingly talked himself out of ever being no 1 at villa - I wouldn't mind betting he stays 1 season at the most....I mean how is he supposed to get 100% commitment, when by his own admission he would quit if the going got tough...

Perhaps, after Lamberts new cotract....he has nothing to lose..?

The Keane effect was always overstated in my opinion. Far more significant being a back four strengthened by the re-integration of a reinvigorated Alan Hutton and the addition of Senderos and Cissokho. Even when we were getting results in the first few games we weren't dominating possession and having a lot of shots, we were just scoring from what little we had.

Keane's managerial record at Sunderland and Ipswich does not suggest a managerial or coaching genius. What he does bring to the party is a personality that differes from Lambert and a reputation of being both successful and a hard nut.

• Like 3

The Keane effect was always overstated in my opinion. Far more significant being a back four strengthened by the re-integration of a reinvigorated Alan Hutton and the addition of Senderos and Cissokho. Even when we were getting results in the first few games we weren't dominating possession and having a lot of shots, we were just scoring from what little we had.

Keane's managerial record at Sunderland and Ipswich does not suggest a managerial or coaching genius. What he does bring to the party is a personality that differes from Lambert and a reputation of being both successful and a hard nut.

Rather than my long winded posts on this subject, think that post succinctly conveys my opinion. 

I read a report (don't know how true it is) that if Ireland lose 4 on the trot he will resign from Villa, what about if Villa lose 4 on the bounce?????? I'm really enjoying having Keane along side Lambert so I hope Ireland never lose another game :)

I don't think any team would sign someone as an assistant with such a stipulation in a contract. So I highly doubt it. Why would he do that? It makes zero sense.

I think it's actually 3 losses in a row and I think he either said it in his book or in an interview related to it.

Here's what Lambert said:

“I think that’s been blown well out of proportion,” he said. “I don’t see Ireland losing three games anyway, so I don’t think I need to worry about that.

“It made me laugh when I saw what some people were saying about his comments. I knew a lot of what was going in the book so there’s no problem. None whatsoever.”

The Scot has yet to read the book but has enjoyed conversations with his assistant about the content.

“He did tell me some stuff that was going in the book,” Lambert said. “It made me laugh. Listen, the two of us had a right good laugh about it, along with the other staff members. We still do. There’s no issue with me at all. But that comment (about Ireland) has been blown well out of proportion.

“As I said, Ireland have just taken a point from the world champions so I don’t see them losing three in a row anyway.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/paul-lambert-confident-roy-keane-will-remain-at-villa-1.1966359

Let's hope they were still able to have a good laugh about the book on the way back from the Everton game.

“There was one night City were playing Villarreal. Before we got together I was asking ‘Whereabouts are we? Pitchside?’ and the response was ‘No, we’re up with the away support’. And we were literally right next to the City fans. Being called a rocket polisher for two hours is a lot. At the end of the game I was steaming and the guys from ITV were saying ‘Relax!’ So there was a down side to it.

lol

Dear Roy Keane. In language you might understand: It's time to **** stop promoting your precious **** book and **** concentrate on your **** job as **** Assistant Manager of **** Aston **** Villa where, as you may have noticed, there are one or two **** issues to sort out.

• Like 1

Â