Roy Keane

TrentVilla

the fact he has 2 assistant manager jobs and is not a fan of the media bullshit or people is why I will be very shocked if he went on that show

From reading his latest book he's very clearly about money first and foremost, I'd say he'd give it serious consideration if the financial package was right (ie made him more than the villa and Ireland jobs he'd no doubt have to quit)

So would O’Neill ever write an autobiography? “Why not? Everybody else seems to do one,” he said. And would his be the whole truth and nothing but the truth? “I think that if you’re writing an autobiography and you want to make it worthwhile, you should follow your heart on that one.”

I look forward to this

It would just be that nasty man Lerner wouldn't give me another 40m to spend on Scott Parker and Aiden McGeady.

But he did allow Super Hero Grant Holt to grace our pitch!!!

So would O’Neill ever write an autobiography? “Why not? Everybody else seems to do one,” he said. And would his be the whole truth and nothing but the truth? “I think that if you’re writing an autobiography and you want to make it worthwhile, you should follow your heart on that one.”

I look forward to this

It would just be that nasty man Lerner wouldn't give me another 40m to spend on Scott Parker and Aiden McGeady.

But he did allow Super Hero Grant Holt to grace our pitch!!!

Would rather Grant Holt than spunking £50k on those clowns over x amount of years.

Aye. It would be the version of the truth according to MON......

...you know, the one where the pantomime villain Lerner desperately undid all the good work done by our dashing hero MON, thereby absolving him of any incompetence, wrongdoing or blame. Hardly worth a read.

A book claiming that surely wouldn't sell? Anyone can see that Lerner has been the best owner we ever had, with his consistent but prudent investment in players, wise choice of managers, clear business strategy for the club, and finally the success we have achieved on the pitch under his stewardship (particularly in the past 3 years as his "five year plan" reached fruition).

MON would be laughed out of court if he tried to portray Lerner as anything but a fantastically successful chairman who has brought a New Golden Era to Villa.

• Like 1

Roy Keane under Garda investigation after allegedly assaulting a man outside Ireland's team hotel

By Eoin Murphy For The Irish Daily Mail and Ali Bracken For The Irish Daily Mail

22:37 12 Nov 2014, updated 22:37 12 Nov 2014

Roy Keane was the centre of a Garda investigation after a man was allegedly assaulted outside the team’s hotel 48 hours before Ireland’s crunch game with Scotland.

The Mail has learned that the assistant Ireland manager allegedly attacked an individual outside the luxury Links Hotel in Portmarnock after team training yesterday.

According to a well-placed source there was a brief exchange of words between Roy and the individual in the early evening.

Things quickly heated up and the row was ended by an alleged punch from the Cork man which knocked the victim to the ground.

‘It appeared fairly innocuous’, said a source. ‘ A man approached Roy outside the hotel, there appeared to be a few heated words and then the man was on the ground. It happened very quickly. Gardai were called along with the ambulance services and the man was taken away to receive medical attention.’

A Garda spokesman confirmed that an investigation into the alleged assault was ongoing.

‘Gardai are investigating an incident where officers were called to a location outside a hotel in Portmarknock. No criminal complaint has been made and investigations are ongoing. Medical assistance was rendered.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2832202/Roy-Keane-Garda-investigation-allegedly-assaulting-man-outside-Ireland-s-team-hotel.html

It goes without saying that he should be dismissed immediately if this turns out to be true.

Roy Keane under Garda investigation after allegedly assaulting a man outside Ireland's team hotel

By Eoin Murphy For The Irish Daily Mail and Ali Bracken For The Irish Daily Mail

Roy Keane was the centre of a Garda investigation after a man was allegedly assaulted outside the team’s hotel 48 hours before Ireland’s crunch game with Scotland.

The Mail has learned that the assistant Ireland manager allegedly attacked an individual outside the luxury Links Hotel in Portmarnock after team training yesterday.

According to a well-placed source there was a brief exchange of words between Roy and the individual in the early evening.

Things quickly heated up and the row was ended by an alleged punch from the Cork man which knocked the victim to the ground.

‘It appeared fairly innocuous’, said a source. ‘ A man approached Roy outside the hotel, there appeared to be a few heated words and then the man was on the ground. It happened very quickly. Gardai were called along with the ambulance services and the man was taken away to receive medical attention.’

A Garda spokesman confirmed that an investigation into the alleged assault was ongoing.

‘Gardai are investigating an incident where officers were called to a location outside a hotel in Portmarknock. No criminal complaint has been made and investigations are ongoing. Medical assistance was rendered.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2832202/Roy-Keane-Garda-investigation-allegedly-assaulting-man-outside-Ireland-s-team-hotel.html

It goes without saying that he should be dismissed immediately if this turns out to be true.

Lambo sure knows how to pick his assistants  :D​ 

Lambo sure knows how to pick his assistants  :D​ 

Is this what in football terms is known as 'banter' and therefore is okay?

Now I'm no fan of Keane - but this sounds like some punk said something he shouldn't have and got deservedly punched in the mouth for it. Since Keane allegedly called in the Garda (sp?) it can't be much of an incident.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Now I'm no fan of Keane - but this sounds like some punk said something he shouldn't have and got deservedly punched in the mouth for it. Since Keane allegedly called in the Garda (sp?) it can't be much of an incident.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

The statement from the IFA is a response to these reports and of course they may well be BS. I was just saying that if it was as the reports say, then it would be a sackable offense.

Edited by Isa

I look forward to this

John robertson said in his book that he couldn't discuss their leaving of villa due to a clause in their payoff and I doubt mon would be able to say much on the matter either sadly.

I look forward to this

John robertson said in his book that he couldn't discuss their leaving of villa due to a clause in their payoff and I doubt mon would be able to say much on the matter either sadly.

Don't those clauses and agreements expire though?

I don't know, just I know of instances where they have...

I look forward to this

Well it must put the club in a bad light whatever happened. When Lerner sells up and joins his Jewish version of the WI then I doubt there will be a problem letting the cat out the bag then?

Â