Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Has he got up off his comfy seat on the bench over the last 5 games? At the start of the season he was up mouthing at players and officials showing aggression and passion, now he just sits there looking like he couldn't care less. This signals to me that something is up within the dressing room.

Kept a close eye on him at QPR and he was off his seat a hell of a lot, especially when the midfield lads **** up he was going mental.

Also had a rant at the fourth official when we'd had a bad decision against down the wing.

So yes, he has been off his seat a lot.

Fair enough but it didn't look that way while watching on tv. 

Has he got up off his comfy seat on the bench over the last 5 games? At the start of the season he was up mouthing at players and officials showing aggression and passion, now he just sits there looking like he couldn't care less. This signals to me that something is up within the dressing room.

Kept a close eye on him at QPR and he was off his seat a hell of a lot, especially when the midfield lads **** up he was going mental.

Also had a rant at the fourth official when we'd had a bad decision against down the wing.

Can't tell if serious.

Can't tell if serious.

I'm not doubting what Spiezels said, I'm just pointing out that everytime it showed him on tv he was sat there looking disinterested which gave me the impression that he was like that all game but obviously I was wrong. 

I can't see what he brings to team selection. Does he say anything? Surely one of the premier leagues best midfielders would realise that Gabby isn't a no10 and that Cleverley isn't a LW. The tactics unless it's in restricting teams are non existent. You'd think with 2 former great midfielders we'd have a strong midfield at least yet it's awful.

I have no faith whatsoever in Keane and don't understand why others do. He was undoubtedly a great midfielder,  but more importantly he was a shit football manager. Reportedly many of the Sunderland players celebrated when he left and he was even worse at Ipswich - where is the evidence that he is any better as an Assistant?

Strikes me that many were influenced by his infamy for being a hard man without considering whether he can coach or hack management at any level. I doubt that he had much to do with our early season success and as for the last five games...... Maybe he is also part of the problem?

So you're crediting him with the poor performances in the last few games but discrediting him for the performance in the first few games?

That seems very selective.

He wasn't a shit manager. he was an ok manager.

And his assistant managerial career is currently 9 games old, so it's a bit early to be judging him, imo!

I can't see what he brings to team selection. Does he say anything? Surely one of the premier leagues best midfielders would realise that Gabby isn't a no10 and that Cleverley isn't a LW. The tactics unless it's in restricting teams are non existent. You'd think with 2 former great midfielders we'd have a strong midfield at least yet it's awful.

Since when did any No.2 pick the team?

I believe he's pissed off with Lambert and his pointless mutterings and mumblings and also saying things like we have players with goals in them when clearly we don't and he cannot see the point in wasting his energy on players that clearly are just not good enough!  Agbonlahor and Wiemann especially i would go as far to say that even Heskey had more about him than the two of them put together!!!!  One runs about and then vanishes and the other runs about and about and about achieving nothing except well running about!!  Lambert even stated that he wanted the players to express themselves!  Express themselves as what? footballers? Well there making a good effort at "expressing", themselves!!!!!!  It's almost comical watching them gather round and link arms before a match and you just wonder what they are saying to each other?  Probably something like "well let's get this over with again"!!!!!

what do people want him to do? If he has a go at players on touchline he is seen as undermining the manager, if he doesnt then he doesnt care :D

dont see people ask same questions about Giggs role at United or when Roy Aitken was Villa assistant

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/407395/Roy-Keane-blasts-Aston-Villa-flops

EXCLUSIVE: Roy Keane BLASTS Aston Villa flops

RAGING Roy Keane joined Paul Lambert in reading the riot act to Aston Villa's flops in a furious post-match inquest.

By Adrian Kajumba /  Published 29th October 2014

544ff72fb3709_29s56keano.jpgFUMING: Keane went mad after Villa's latest defeat [sTUART ROBINSON]

Lambert's No.2 Keane "went mad" as Villa's players received a double blast after their latest defeat at QPR.

Lambert also tore into his team following the 2-0 setback which was Villa's fifth league defeat on the spin.

Villa have also failed to score during the winless run and have gone almost nine hours without a goal to plummet down the league from second to 15th.

“As a team we need to regroup”
Paul Lambert

Lambert kept the players in the dressing room for around an hour before emerging to conduct his post-match media duties.

The Villa boss stayed tight-lipped on what was said but his anger was clear when he branded their defending for Charlie Austin's two goals"shocking".

Lambert is now expecting a reaction against Tottenham on Sunday.

He said: "We had most of the ball and you can't have as much of the ball as we did away from home and not score a goal.

"As a team we need to regroup. You have to go again. But the lads know my thoughts on it."

Â