Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Which bit are you not happy with?

Is this a serious question?

Which bits are you happy with??!!  :D

OK, let's just list two: (a) the fact that he can't apparently go more that 5 words without saying "****"; (b ) the fact that he gets so paralytic and violent that he can beat up a fellow player and not remember it the next day.

I couldn't care less if our assistant manager swears a lot. 

It's not the under 9's he's coaching.

As for the drink and fighting, obviously not a good thing. But he's hardly glorifying it.

Mcgrath used to be the same and I can't say I'd hold it against him if he was our Assistant.

• Like 2

Plus Keane seems to have far less publicity about how he visited Gary Ablett throughout his fight with cancer sometimes driving from Ipswich to the North West every night. Hey if it doesn't fit with the lunatic persona then it's ignored?

• Like 4

Which bit are you not happy with?

Is this a serious question?

Which bits are you happy with??!! :D

OK, let's just list two: (a) the fact that he can't apparently go more that 5 words without saying "****"; (b ) the fact that he gets so paralytic and violent that he can beat up a fellow player and not remember it the next day.

I couldn't care less if our assistant manager swears a lot.

It's not the under 9's he's coaching.

As for the drink and fighting, obviously not a good thing. But he's hardly glorifying it.

Mcgrath used to be the same and I can't say I'd hold it against him if he was our Assistant.

Fine, so you think it's fine that he says **** every five words including to his manager and assistant manager, and that he gets into drunken rages and fights his team mates.

I don't.

I suspect there is enough space in the world for both points of view so I'm not going to change my view just because you disagree.

But all this does confirm for me that Keane is troubled and unstable and his appointment at Villa is high risk.

Have you ever played in a football team?

Everybody says **** every other word.

And I didn't say it was OK he got into drunken fights. I just said he wasn't glorifying it, and I wouldn't hold something he did 20 years ago against him. It would be the same if McGrath was involved in our club now. I wouldn't be annoyed that a former alcoholic was our assistant.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Roy Keane has done some shitty things because he is a human and that's just what we do . I am more worried about the judgemental nuggets who criticise a fallible human being from their high horses to be honest .

• Like 3

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/09/roy-keane-jose-mourinho-aston-villa-alex-ferguson

Also, I'd rather he didn't start punching visiting managers.  :)

he branded the Chelsea’s manager conduct “disgraceful” and explained why he refused to shake his hand towards the end of Aston Villa’s recent match at Stamford Bridge. “The game is still going on,” Keane said. “You wouldn’t do that on a Sunday morning, you would get knocked out.

Roy Keane has done some shitty things because he is a human and that's just what we do

Huh???

Tell you what, if everyone regularly behaved the way Roy Keane has in the past, the world would be a very dangerous and crazy place indeed. 

Roy Keane has done some shitty things because he is a human and that's just what we do .

Huh???

Tell you what, if everyone regularly behaved the way Roy Keane has in the past, the world would be a very dangerous and crazy place indeed.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/09/roy-keane-jose-mourinho-aston-villa-alex-ferguson

Also, I'd rather he didn't start punching visiting managers.  :)

he branded the Chelsea’s manager conduct “disgraceful” and explained why he refused to shake his hand towards the end of Aston Villa’s recent match at Stamford Bridge. “The game is still going on,” Keane said. “You wouldn’t do that on a Sunday morning, you would get knocked out.

He didn't punch him, mores the pity.

I am glad he has publically highlighted what a knob Mourinho's actions are. His comments about Fetgies followers is spot on too.

Edited by Ads
  • Like 3

He actually seems to have his head screwed on, comments he makes about the game and how he'd act with foreign players coming in to United and his views on how to make it work for them, for example. If he takes that attitude to a player like Sanchez for us, who is having a tough time right now, he'll certainly help him settle in.

Honestly, I'd read the book a bit before judging from these quotes that have been put out.

Exactly what I said to my pal the other night when he started banging on about the heart attack quotes, even using the phrase "if that's ALL he cares about then you can't deny he's a word removed"... Obviously I didn't deny that. Just pointed out the blatantly obvious. That seems lost even on some Villa fans.

Honestly, I'd read the book a bit before judging from these quotes that have been put out.

Exactly what I said to my pal the other night when he started banging on about the heart attack quotes, even using the phrase "if that's ALL he cares about then you can't deny he's a word removed"... Obviously I didn't deny that. Just pointed out the blatantly obvious. That seems lost even on some Villa fans.

I have a lot of respect for Keane due to how honest and open he is about what he thinks,  he doesn't give a shit who he upsets and just says it how it is.  People like him are a dying breed in todays world due to censorship and over importance on public image.  

Â