Roy Keane

TrentVilla

"You have to go again."

011831900_aaarrrggghhh128495904697812500

Personally, I don't put any stock at all in press conferences or indeed even watch them. I find I can never hear the questions being asked, and then I'd need subtitles to understand what Lambert is saying anyway, so I don't bother, and to me they are not really important in the grand scheme of things.

But SURELY we have a PR person at the club. And it cannot have escaped that PR person's attention that there is no phrase a Villa fan hates to hear more than "We go again." Said PR person needs to pull Paul aside and say "Listen. I'm making you a list of phrases you can't say anymore at press conferences." Of all the things that are pissing Villa fans off at the moment, this one seems by far the easiest to fix. Just stop saying this.

And then let's think about teaching the team to retain possession from a throw-in. And remind them where the back of the net is. And fine every single one of them if they ever get snookered by a quickly-taken free kick again.

• Like 1

"You have to go again."

Personally, I don't put any stock at all in press conferences or indeed even watch them. I find I can never hear the questions being asked, and then I'd need subtitles to understand what Lambert is saying anyway, so I don't bother, and to me they are not really important in the grand scheme of things.

But SURELY we have a PR person at the club. And it cannot have escaped that PR person's attention that there is no phrase a Villa fan hates to hear more than "We go again." Said PR person needs to pull Paul aside and say "Listen. I'm making you a list of phrases you can't say anymore at press conferences." Of all the things that are pissing Villa fans off at the moment, this one seems by far the easiest to fix. Just stop saying this.

And then let's think about teaching the team to retain possession from a throw-in. And remind them where the back of the net is. And fine every single one of them if they ever get snookered by a quickly-taken free kick again.

And also can they be told to leave some players up the pitch when defending a corner!

"You have to go again."

I'm firmly in the Lambert Out camp these days. But even I find it impossible to be annoyed by 'we go again'. It's just clearly a verbal tic that he has, it's not meaningful in any way at all. 

Trouble is, it seems to be the limits of his tactical thinking about how the squad might improve their performances.

However (my fault) this is now about Lambert when the thread is about Keane, whom we now know told the players they were a load of shit on Monday night, when Lambert wasn't doing the same.

That should sort it then.

"You have to go again."

And also can they be told to leave some players up the pitch when defending a corner!

Yes, even one. Even just a little one that would be useless at defending a corner anyway. Right on the half way line.

You know, I can't wait to read his next book to find out about what went on during his spell here. We'll get an insight we pretty much never get into things then

Its up to Keane to make sure that he doesn't need to write anything detrimental to the club. Any slagging off of the club after he leaves will tell me that he shows a false facade. If he wants to continue his tough guy mantra, he must demonstrate it while we are still paying him.

Daily star front page has Keane going on I'm a celebrity. Surely there's no chance of that happening.

Probably just the "get me out of here" bit. Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

this guy has done nothing at the club really... i do doubt his coaching abilities considering our team has gone backwards on the field. Now he wants to go do reality shows and still be in two management roles? If this is true..  he should be sacked. Along with Lambert. Bring in Moyes and his crew and lets start again. 

Apparently he told the Mirror: "I met the jungle people, but I thought, 'Nah, not for me.’ But the more you say no, the more determined they are to get you, so who knows? There's more to life than football."

That's what 3 months at Villa does to you Roy - munching grubs in the jungle suddenly looks a much more desirable prospect.  ;) 

• Like 1

Roy is one of a select few people at the club that knows what it actually takes to win something (a LOT of things), so I suspect he has _some_ value.

means nothing. Maradona was an awful coach. Hey.. our very own Paul Lambert won plenty including the CL. 

Roy is one of a select few people at the club that knows what it actually takes to win something (a LOT of things), so I suspect he has _some_ value.

Football history is littered with ex players laden with medals who turned out to be appalling managers and coaches.

His appointment is sadly becoming a side-circus due to his book and the media clammouring around him over his 'beard' and in the hope he says something outlandish.

Just let him get on with being the assistant manager FFS

• Like 1

this guy has done nothing at the club really... i do doubt his coaching abilities considering our team has gone backwards on the field. Now he wants to go do reality shows and still be in two management roles? If this is true..  he should be sacked. Along with Lambert. Bring in Moyes and his crew and lets start again. 

we have? a lot of people on here keep mentioning backwards as if we were challenging for Europe last season

Â